View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #1508
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The Survivor Series boost led Raw to its best numbers since the October 12 draft episode, averaging 1.81 million viewers last night. The rating in the 18-49 demo was a 0.57.

The number was the usual pattern with a lower than average third hour drop, but it didn't have the big third hour of the week before.

The number has to be a positive even after the PPV considering the Tampa Bay Bucs vs. Los Angeles Rams game went down to the wire and averaged 21.61 million viewers, 3.62 in 18-49, and 2.51 in 18-34.

Raw was fourth in 18-49, behind only NFL related shows on ESPN ...

As compared to last week, Raw was up two percent from the show headlined by Drew McIntyre's WWE Championship win over Randy Orton, but more importantly, up 12 percent in 18-49 and 21 percent in 18-34 ...

The show was down 14 percent from last year, a lower drop than has been usual, as well as down 20 percent in 18-49 and 37 percent in 18-34.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 1.90 million viewers
9 p.m. 1.83 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.69 million viewers
Quote:
WWE and Omaze have launched a sweepstakes where the winner will meet The Undertaker at the WWE Performance Center and tour the facility with him. The sweepstakes is to benefit Make-A-Wish.
Considering the amount of coronavirus outbreaks that have happened there and the place still is being investigated as a potential outbreak hotspot in the state, probably not a wise idea to hold a tour there. Link for those interested: https://www.omaze.com/products/undertaker-wwe-orlando

Quote:
ROH uploaded a post-show interview with Mike Bennett and Matt Taven from after Bennett’s ROH return. When asked if he’s here to stay, Bennett answered that he never should have left ROH. Bennett returned on the latest episode of ROH TV and saved Taven from Vincent Marseglia and Bateman.

ROH has announced that former Pure Champion John Walters is also returning to the promotion.
Quote:
Renee Paquette’s new podcast Oral Sessions made its debut today with Jon Moxley appearing on the premiere episode. Here’s the description for the show: “This week I sat down with the AEW World Champion, my husband, baby daddy, and all around fascinating human being: Jon Moxley! We talk his childhood, amateur wrestling, his first Boston crab, an arrest, public fornication, and narcotics fueled trips to the library!”

During his appearance on Oral Sessions, Moxley discussed his in-ring future: “It’s the life we live and it’s part of the job or whatever. If I just kept on doing that at the same pace, I wouldn’t have lasted long. I can feel my physical window. Not that it’s closing, but I can feel the distance now. I’m not gonna say I can feel it closing but I’m aware of it now and I wanna keep it open and extend and I wanna be able to wrestle as long as I possibly can. I would like to be 50 and wrestle. If we had kids, I would like them to be able and come see me wrestle and I like to do physical stuff. So, over the next year or two, I’ll make a — I’ll just kind of see where I’m at physically and make a decision. This whole pandemic situation really changed the year and made it a lot less busy for me. But also, I’ve been having super physical matches and [I’ve] been going back and forth to Jacksonville which is a b*tch. Jacksonville’s a great town, Daily’s Place is a great venue, it’s perfect for what we’re doing and I’m glad that we have it. It’s a blessing that we have such a great venue to run safely in, but getting to Jacksonville to Vegas and back and back and forth is a b*tch. Like the west coast guys are like, ‘Aw man, this is a b*tch’ because it’s a full day of travel.”
Quote:
The NWA is returning to its Tuesday night slot on the wrestling fan's calendar, although not with new episodes of Power.

The organization announced today that starting next Tuesday, a show called Shockwave will debut on YouTube featuring "matches produced in collaboration with the United Wrestling Network" including some that have never been seen anywhere and never seen on YouTube. Subscribers to their Patreon are able to get the show a day early.

The talent listed includes Nick Aldis Thunder Rosa, Eli Drake, Aron Stevens, and Kamile.

Given the NWA's recent association with the UWN on their weekly Tuesday night pay-per-views that have featured both NWA title matches and title changes, it's possible some of those matches will be part of Shockwave. Aldis, Rosa, The Pope, Zicky Dice, and others have been featured on UWN thus far.

The NWA hasn't aired a new episode of Power since May 12th and have not run Power tapings since the pandemic began.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE FILES FOR NEW TRADEMARK...ON AEW STAR

On 10/8, WWE applied for a new 'Dean Ambrose' trademark for goods and services in the realm of "Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely, blogs, in the field of sports entertainment."

WWE had a registered Dean Ambrose trademark but it was cancelled in August 2020 because they did not file a declaration under section 8 to maintain the registration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
IMPACT Wrestling announced the return of the Knockouts Tag Team Championships and the tournament has already begun. One of the teams eliminated thus far were Tenille Dashwood and Alisha Edwards. When the brackets for the tournament were revealed, former Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace did not have a partner and on tonight’s episode of IMPACT on AXS, it was revealed that former two-time WWE Women’s Champion Jazz will be teaming with Jordynne.

Jazz last wrestled in August for the SWE Fury promotion in Texas. She later told Chris Van Vliet during an interview that she is retired from pro wrestling and would be transitioning to a coaching role. Jazz and Thunder Rosa are working together to open a wrestling school for women.

Jazz has been in the wrestling business for over twenty years and is now making her debut for IMPACT Wrestling and is on the chase for the Knockouts Tag Titles. The finals will take place at IMPACT’s ‘Hard To Kill’ pay-per-view in 2021.
Quote:
The latest episode of Arn Anderson’s podcast was Q&A based. Arn opened up about the segment in-which Stone Cold Steve Austin “urinated” on him during an episode of RAW. According to Arn, both Steve Austin and Blackjack Lanza, who was a producer at the time were turned down by Vince McMahon when they tried to alter the idea. Arn feels that it may have been some sort of revenge on Vince’s behalf for Arn leaving the WWF in the late 80s.

“Yeah and two people that were heavily involved in it was Jack Lanza who was like the backstage producer and [Steve] Austin himself. They both told me that they went to Vince [McMahon] individually and collectively and said, ‘You know this guy’s really highly respected in the business with the boys and the audience as well. This is really demeaning. Can’t we do something else?’ Both got turned down, flatly. Do I suspect foul play and a reason in his mind to be doing it? Yes. Will it be very easy for his case to be, ‘Well, we don’t wanna do it to Ric [Flair]. It’s the same thing as if you went out, put Austin over and got him ready for Ric the next big pay-per-view. You put him over clean in the middle. Same concept, it’s just a different way to do it, to go about it,’ would be his argument. Could be punishment for leaving the way I did in ‘89.

He waits a long time. When he feels betrayed, he feels like you’ve wronged him and we were the very first guys to turn our notice in during that era and I know he didn’t like it and you couple that with some other things but, do I think that’s a possibility? Yup. I know that he waits a very, very long time if he feels like you have screwed him and I could possibly see that. It was just so degrading and demeaning. If you looked at it on the outside in, I’m a guy that — hey, you wanna know what popped up in my head when they told me about it? ‘We want Austin to pee all over you –’ my wife and kids. Yeah, their picture popped up right in my head but that’s the reason I did it and did it smiling, because they’re the ones I’m responsible for and people may think that-that’s not true but everything I’ve done in this business, every sacrifice I’ve made, every time I’ve had guys come to me I respect and go, ‘Don’t do that, you’re Arn Anderson. Sh*t, you don’t have to do that bullsh*t. Just tell him no.’ I went ahead and did whatever was requested, take care of my family, that’s my responsibility on this earth and hopefully I will be able to see it through and make sure that I keep taking care of them for a while but I honestly believe that could have happened because it was just so personal.”
Quote:
As first reported by ‘PR Week’, WWE has formed a working relationship with the PR agency ‘The Romans’. The agency is working directly with WWE’s Vice-President of International Communications, Dan Humphreys. ‘The Romans’ helped WWE promote The Undertaker’s ‘Final Farewell’ on the lead up to Survivor Series. Undertaker’s appearance on Good Morning Britain was set up through the agency as well.
Quote:
Former Ring of Honor talent Pelle Primeau (Pelle Tsichlis) is seeking a dismissal of the lawsuit that was brought against him by Joey Ryan before a District court in California (via PWInsider). Ryan, real name Joseph R. Meehan is seeking millions of dollars from Tsichilis for his comments about Meehan on public platforms as Meehan’s name was circulating during the #SpeakingOut movement. Tsichilis and his attorneys are arguing that the state of California has no jurisdiction over him since he does not reside in the state and has never worked there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
There have been plenty of wrestling to Hollywood success stories over the years.

The Rock went from the top star in wrestling to the top draw in Hollywood, following in the footsteps of Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper, who successfully crossed over to film with some success.

Kevin Nash has found good work in films over the years, appearing in Magic Mike, John Wick, and more.

Speaking to the Miami Herald, Nash discussed wrestling's influence on Hollywood.

"Stallone was bigger than life then and I had no idea who Hulk Hogan was. He was really the first one to open the door. Wrestling was still the red-headed stepchild. I don't think it was until Dwayne, everything he did with opening number one at the box office, Dwayne is the one that really has made it sheik to be a pro wrestler or ex-pro wrestler and be in this field. A guy like Dave Bautista, he's a lead but he also does smart things. He did the role in Blade Runner. He reads the script and realizes that the character is intricate to the story. When I read the first Magic Mike, I was like, 'Tarzan doesn't really have much to say or do, but if you look at the arc, if Tarzan doesn't smoke weed, The Kid doesn't dance and the movie doesn't get made. In John Wick, Francis doesn't have that big of a scene but he's memorable because he's the only person that walks away alive. When I read a script and something is offered to me, I look at it and say, 'It's not much, but if handled right, it's a nice piece of work,'" said Nash.

In discussing his acting career, Nash also brought up the Screen Actors Guild, which he is currently a part of. "I've been on SAG insurance since my son was born. I've always had really good insurance with SAG and it's nice to be part of a union," he said.

Unionization and SAG have been a big topic in wrestling in recent months with former Presidential candidate Andrew Yang speaking out on the topic and SAG-AFTRA speaking to Zelina Vega following her release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
England remains under lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will switch to a tiered system on December 2.

Sports and Performance Arts, which includes pro wrestling, in Tier 1 and Tier 2 will allow a number of fans into its arenas. Arenas in the Tier 3 zone must remain closed ...

Arenas in Tier 1 are open to the public, but limited to 50% capacity or 4000 outdoors / 1000 indoors (whichever is lower) while those in Tier 2 are open to the public, but limited to 50% capacity or 2000 outdoors / 1000 indoors (whichever is lower) ...

It is unknown if wrestling promotions will begin to welcome fans back to arenas following lockdown, permitting they are Tier 1 or Tier 2. Some promotions have run empty arena shows while others have been on an indefinite hiatus due to COVID-19 and Speaking Out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WresylingInc
Impact Wrestling reportedly has plans for Swoggle (Hornswoggle) to spoof WWE RAW Superstar AJ Styles soon.

Impact World Tag Team Champions Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson have recently started teasing a return for "The Phenomenal One" in Impact, but these are obviously not for the real Styles as he is under contract to WWE. In an update, Fightful Select reports that the teases are actually for Swoggle.

The current plan is for Swoggle to appear in full Styles gear and wrestle matches under a new satire gimmick. This is all part of the feud between The Good Brothers and The North.

There was a segment on last week's Impact where The North's Ethan Page asked Scott D'Amore for a rematch for the titles. D'Amore shared the request with The Good Brothers, but Anderson said Page should have to face a "phenomenal" opponent first. Page accepted the stipulation and was confident that he will defeat the "phenomenal" opponent, and then go on to win the rematch for the titles. The Good Brothers won the Impact World Tag Team Titles for the first time by defeating The North at Turning Point on November 14.

Swoggle has made recent appearances for both AEW and Impact.
Quote:
Longtime WWE commentator Michael Cole chatted with James Delow on the Gorilla Position podcast. Cole has spent 24 years in the WWE as a commentator and he’s hoping to make it to 25 years. As far as how much longer he wants to continue working his current on-screen position, he says he plans to for at least a few more years.

“That’s the one thing. I’ve been able to evolve over the years and just stay steady and listen, I wanna do this, at least for a few more years. I’d love to make it to 25 years on the air in the company. I think that would be tremendous, and I think it would be something that has never been done before and I still have a love for what I do and until that goes away, you’re gonna be stuck with me. For better or for worse.”

Cole talked about Vince McMahon being active in commentator’s headsets during shows. He feels that some of that is overblown by individuals that were not happy with their respective performances behind the desk. Overall, Cole says it’s Vince’s company and he can do what he pleases.

“You know, it’s so funny how this myth has taken on a life of its own, over the past two decades. Listen, Vince [McMahon] runs the company. He’s the boss, he’s the chairman. He turned a small regional wrestling promotion into a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate. It is his sandbox. He can do with it whatever he wants. I’m his lead play-by-play guy, he gives me a lot of leeway, he allows me to do a lot of things because he believes in me after so many years. But he’s the boss and just like any producer on any television show, he’s going to tell me what he wants. I may not agree with that direction a lot of the times, but I have to do it. He’s my boss. Yes, he’s very active in your ears certain weeks. WrestleMania season, he is very, very active. But, I’ve got a great relationship with Vince. He believes in me or else I wouldn’t have been here for as long as I have. I think a lot of that stuff, the Vince screaming and yelling in your ear gets really blown out of proportion. I think there are a few people that, you know, say that because they wanna try and save face because they weren’t successful in what they did. But hey, he’s emotional just like all of us are when it comes to this product. He’s so close to it. It’s his family, it’s blood and he wants what he wants. Certain days, you’re going to draw the ire of the man and other days, he’s going to tell you that you’re the greatest thing in the world and that’s just the way that Vince is and I wouldn’t trade my working with Vince and what he’s meant to my family, my career for anything.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Aleister Black has been off WWE TV since his loss to Kevin Owens during the October 12 episode of Monday Night Raw. Since then, he has been moved from Raw to SmackDown in the 2020 WWE Draft, but has yet to make an appearance on the blue brand.

According to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Black "being forgotten about" by WWE brass has nothing to do with the recent release of his wife, Zelina Vega, or with Black's reported interest in returning to NXT.

Meltzer noted that ever since Paul Heyman was fired as Executive Director of Raw back in June, "the people in charge don't see anything in Black" and have been unable to find a meaningful place for him on the card.

In fact, Black was among the two choices to defeat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania earlier this year, according to Meltzer. "When it came down to who should beat Lesnar, who was leaving after Mania, the two choices in Heyman's eyes were Drew [McIntyre] and Black," added Meltzer. Although McIntyre got the main event nod, Heyman intended to "protect Black" and book him like a top flight star after WrestleMania, revealed Meltzer.

Meltzer said that while it's possible for Black to resurrect his WWE career, "it doesn't look good right now" for the former WWE NXT Champion and the fact that Black wasn't a part of the Dual-Brand Battle Royal at last night's Survivor Series Kickoff show was another sign that WWE had "forgotten about him."
Quote:
Kenny Omega is scheduled to challenge to Jon Moxley for the AEW World Championship on the 12/2 edition of AEW Dynamite that is being tagged as ‘Winter Is Coming’. This will be Moxley and Omega’s second singles match in AEW as they first met at the Full Gear pay-per-view in 2019 in a Unsanctioned ‘Lights Out’ match.

Omega recently joined Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave Meltzer and Garrett Gonzales and was asked how he’s feeling physically after what he’s put his body through over his career. Omega stated that he is currently working with a torn labrum and explained that he’s always working with AEW’s head trainer Bryce Ready to stay on top of the injury. Omega is hoping to avoid surgery.

“So, torn labrum as you know is no laughing matter. That’s a surgery. But you know, I’ve got a very talented and unbelievable trainer and our doctors of course are always monitoring and making sure that we’re doing okay. But our trainer Bryce Ready, next-level kind of guy. He’s kept me together and in a condition where I’m able to perform. As long as I make sure that I see him two, three times a week, I can lift, I can do full range of motion. I just need to make sure I look after it and I can avoid that surgery. Of course I can’t afford having that time off. If things get worse, of course that’s an option I’ll have to consider but when I have problems with my neck, my shoulder, my back, my knees and there are days when it’s all of ‘em. Every single thing is hurting. I go to the trainers, they kind of patch me up and I go out there and perform.”
SPOILER: show
Quote:
Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman for the WWE title is right now the scheduled main event for TLC on 12/20. Right now regarding Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan for the Universal title, that match is scheduled to take place at some point, it could be TLC, but it's leaning toward a later date.

Spoiler tag used since its related to current WWE title plans for RAW and next month's TLC PPV.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote