View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 07:09 PM   #1504
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler, known together as FTR, may no longer have the AEW Tag Team Title, but they now have a claim the Young Bucks will never have.
PJ Black Reveals Leg Injury After Falling Down Stairs
Related Article PJ Black Reveals Leg Injury After Falling Down Stairs

FTR was listed as the top tag team in wrestling by Pro Wrestling Illustrated in the first-ever PWI Tag Team 50.

Tag teams were evaluated between October 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020. The criteria used for rankings included momentum, win record, chemistry, creativity, overall activity, and “it” factor.

FTR won the AEW Tag Team Titles over the past year and took on some of the top teams in wrestling including Hangman Page & Kenny Omega, SCU, and The Lucha Bros in AEW. In WWE, FTR (known as The Revival in WWE) held the SmackDown Tag Team Titles and had a feud with New Day to cap off 2019, plus a well-received match against Undisputed ERA (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly).

Omega & Page finished second in the rankings. Fans can see the top five teams below.

PWI Tag Team 50 Top 5

1. FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood)
2. Kenny Omega & Adam Page
3. Golden Role Models (Bayley & Sasha Banks)
4. The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander)
5. Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
Link: https://twitter.com/OfficialPWI/stat...67505374523398

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
AEW issued the following:

Award-Winning Director X Creates “Boundless” Ad Campaign for TNT’s “AEW DYNAMITE”

LOS ANGELES – November 18, 2020 – Today, TNT announced a new ad campaign to promote its popular All Elite Wrestling program, “AEW Dynamite,” which is currently the number one wrestling show on Wednesday nights. The new ad is part of AEW’s “Boundless” campaign and was created and directed by Director X (Julien Christian Lutz), who is an award-winning music video and movie director best known for his visually distinctive videos for popular artists including Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Usher, John Mayer and many more. Director X’s accolades include winning Video Director of the Year at the 2016 BET Awards, Best Hip Hop Video at the 2020 BET Hip Hop Awards and Best Video at the 2020 MTV European Music Awards.

Celebrating the world-class roster of diverse male and female wrestlers, “Boundless” tells the underdog story of the stars of AEW, who, with a true passion for the sport, bet on themselves and created a new kind of wrestling league, drawing millions of fans to their dynamic, action-packed TNT “AEW Dynamite” weekly events.

“Director X is the perfect partner to showcase the AEW brand with his distinct visual style that uniquely speaks to a new generation,” said Melissa Chambless, EVP of Marketing, TNT, TBS and truTV. “His ability to bring these wrestlers’ incredible stories to life in such an authentic way thoroughly manifests our Boundless campaign.”

“Like me, I think a lot of people will relate to the stories shared in this video,” said Director X. “I know what it’s like to be doubted, being told ‘you can’t do this,’ but AEW is proof that by believing in yourself and not listening to what the world is saying you can and will do it. This isn’t B.S. It’s real.”
Guess the new AEW documentary wasn't just a one-off special and instead part of a larger ad campaign TNT currently has for AEW Dynamite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
USA Today has an interview with The Undertaker discussing his 1990 debut, the decision to raise the veil on the character and more.

On letting fans in to see Mark Calaway and breaking the facade of the Undertaker character, he commented, " It's been challenging opening up and lifting the veil, because for 30 years that was unheard of. You just don't do it. There's some days I'm thinking, “It's really cool that I've given people a peek on the inside” and then there's other days where I'm like, “I don't know if I should have done this or not.”

On whether he can enjoy professional wrestling as a fan, Undertaker said, "I can to a certain degree. But a lot of times I catch myself talking to the TV like they can hear me. It's hard to be just a straight fan, because I want everybody to succeed and to develop into their potential. So I’m kind of like, "Oh man, don't do it. It didn't make sense. Don't do that. Why would you do that?” You would actually laugh if there was a camera watching me watch wrestling. I have these conversations and it's pretty amusing, I'm sure."

On whether he'd been able to process how much he's meant to so many fans, Undertaker said, "I can't tell you how many times now that I'm getting out and doing more personal appearances – well, obviously pre-COVID – the amount of people that come up and tell me their story and thank me. It's humbling to know how your work and what you do can affect people that you'll a lot of times never meet or never see."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Chris Van Vliet released a clip from his interview with JTG. The late Shad Gaspard became the topic of their conversation and JTG agreed that Shad should be the next recipient of WWE’s Warrior Award that is presented at the WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony.

“He definitely should. I don’t know what’s a bigger heroic [thing] than putting your life on the line, for his son but honestly, he would have done it for — if it was another child. If it was probably me, he probably would’ve done the same exact thing.”
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQy5XopbYFQ

Quote:
Ring of Honor talent PJ Black shared on his social media pages that he recently fell down some stairs and is currently recuperating in a hospital. Black competed in the ROH Pure Title tournament and lost in the second round to Josh Woods. Since that ROH taping, he has been working on the NJPW Strong show and most recently wrestled Tama Tanga in singles competition.
Quote:
AEW President Tony Khan spoke with Jim Varsallone of the Miami Herald. Tony was asked for his thoughts on the growth of AEW Dark and he stated that he views Dark as AEW’s developmental project and is happy with how things have progressed during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“It started early in the pandemic [longer episodes of AEW Dark]. I didn’t have any fans and I wanted to bring in lots of people to — first of all, to be able to develop more wrestlers but also, so we had fans at ringside, and I’m bringing these people in and it’s like, ‘Well, I’d like to take a look at these people and get them in matches and really build up a developmental system’ where we’re taking a look at all these indie wrestlers and also giving them a chance to work in a pandemic which is something I felt really good about because you know, through March, April, May, June it’s like, gosh, the pandemic just slapped everybody in the face and independent wrestling had become a non-entity, so for a lot of people their best chance of working in the wrestling business if they weren’t signed anywhere was to come work on Dark, which was great and we found some really valuable people in AEW through this program and so it’s our developmental system and we continue to develop wrestlers and we’ll have more new talent in this Wednesday and I’m sure we’ll find some more people that we have interest in and it’s really fun and I think it’s great for the fans to see the next generation of big wrestlers but also to see some of the top stars in AEW getting a chance to develop their move-set, getting a chance to tell their stories and we got great commentary with Excalibur and Taz and we have guest hosts. Ricky Starks is kinda the permanent guest host, and then we have other people who have come in and done a great job like Veda Scott and Anthony Ogogo and others.”

One of the talents to get signed by way of his AEW Dark performances was Will Hobbs. Tony Khan talked about his decision to sign Hobbs and working closely with Hobbs on several occasions.

“There’s some great stories out of [AEW] Dark and Will Hobbs, he’s a great example of somebody who I’d worked with on Dark and I decided, ‘Okay, well I’m gonna put him on Dynamite and then I actually agented his match with Darby [Allin] on the Saturday Night Dynamite and he did a great job and I really like Will and I decided I’m gonna sign him and push him, and then we had the All Out Battle Royale right after that. I agented that too and Will was a guy I earmarked for a big push, and so he’s a good example of somebody who came in to work on Dark and he’s gotten to do a lot more things and has become a contract wrestler here. So it’s a great opportunity for people to come in and make an impression on everybody here, but especially me and that’s the best way to get the contract.”
Quote:
WWE is looking to move the lawsuit filed by Candy Cartwright against the company, Matt Riddle, Gabe Sapolsky, and EVOLVE from municipal to federal court.

HeelByNature obtained court documents filed on November 17 which include consent forms from Riddle, Sapolsky, and WWN owner Sal Hamaoui. The consent forms were required from all defendants in order to move the case.

On October 8, Samantha Tavel, professionally known as Candy Cartwright, filed a lawsuit in the Circuit Court of Cook County Illinois alleging that Riddle began sexually assaulting Tavel in April 2017 in the parking lot after an EVOLVE event. The lawsuit also alleges that Riddle bragged about this to former EVOLVE owner Sapolsky and that those two entities and WWE tacitly approved of Riddle's alleged sexual violence towards Tavel.

The lawsuit also alleges that Tavel had bookings with WWE and EVOLVE on or about January 31, 2020, and that prior to that Riddle had forced her to perform sexual acts under the threat that she would lose bookings if she did not.

David Bixenspan reported that an email was sent to Tavel by NXT senior official Drake Wuertz canceling an appearance she was booked for on January 31, the same date mentioned in the lawsuit, citing issues with an NXT talent that “would not make for an ideal environment.”

According to the documents, Tavel is seeking $10 million per defendant.

On October 26, WWE was officially served a summons by Tavel’s legal counsel.
Link: https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-n...federal-court/

Quote:
Ahead of his match against Jacob Fatu in the main event of the 11/18 episode of MLW FUSION, Davey Boy Smith Jr. spoke with Sports Illustrated. Smith Jr. will be a free agent soon and he believes that a return to WWE is possible.

“I think it’s definitely a possibility. In addition to the WWE Hall of Fame, I was also supposed to be touring regularly with All Japan Pro Wrestling. I had a big opportunity with their Champion Carnival tournament in April, but I couldn’t travel to [Japan] with the pandemic.

“I have a lot to think about and a lot of options to weigh, but I’m looking forward to seeing what transpires in my future. A return to WWE is very possible.”
Quote:
TNT Champion Darby Allin was interviewed by Scott Fishman of TV Insider. Darby detailed how he began working with the likes of Steve-O and Tony Hawk for content that ends up airing on AEW Dynamite.

“They just started following me on Instagram. I hit them up. I said, ‘Yo, this is what I want to do. I want to bring my world into wrestling instead of just wrestling into wrestling.’ I was inspired by names like Tony Hawk, Steve-O and Bam Margera. I want to bring that world into wrestling because I feel there are a lot of fans that fell out of love with wrestling. Now they can see all these cool people collaborating and doing stuff. I’m at Bam’s house right now filming stuff. I’m trying to do as much as possible.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleTalk
It is not always a good thing to be given a new name in WWE. While most of the changes made in NXT are inoffensive, almost every name change on the main roster has been met with backlash from fans.

Now, it is being reported that another WWE star was nearly given a ridiculous new name last week. Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that Chelsea Green was almost called “Victorious” for her debut.

Green made her debut last week on SmackDown where she promptly broke her wrist and disappeared from the match. The report says the new name was on internal documents on last week’s show and Green would have referred to herself as her new name in her post-match promo.

Of course, she was injured and plans changed to Liv Morgan winning the match and thus the promo never happened.

It remains to be seen in the name Victorious will spring up again when Green returns from injury. She had been out of action prior to her debut and will now be out once again as she recovers.

It was also reported earlier today that Vince McMahon met with Green prior to her debut. Paul Heyman was reportedly high on her and thought she could be a top women’s star.
Quote:
Undertaker would love to work a program with "The Fiend."
Drew McIntyre Reveals Vince McMahon Gave Him The Sword For WWE Raw Entrance
Related Article Drew McIntyre Reveals Vince McMahon Gave Him The Sword For WWE Raw Entrance

Although Undertaker has worked a WrestleMania match against Bray Wyatt in the past, he has never done a full program with this version of Wyatt, which has The Fiend. Speaking on The Bump, Undertaker said he wanted to see how his character would fare against Wyatt's character.

In fact, Undertaker said there were a number of different matches that the two of them could have. Undertaker said they could have a Buried Alive Match, a Swamp Match or even a match at Alcatraz.

"This iteration now, the possibilities are endless. He's really taken his character to the next level. It's original and so different from what everybody else does. It's so thought provoking and it draws emotion from people. I would love to work a program with The Fiend. My goodness, there's no telling what kind of matches we would come up, just due to the strength of his career and obviously The Undertaker character, it would have been something else. It might have been a Buried Alive, Swamp Match, Alcatraz, the possibilities would be limitless with those two characters," Undertaker said.

Undertaker will be at Survivor Series on November 22 when he has his Final Farewell. Fightful will have live coverage of Survivor Series.
Quote:
Fans can continue to celebrate the WWE career of The Undertaker with a new limited edition collector's box.

The collector's box includes a t-shirt, figures, a cosplay set, and more. Only 1,500 are available for the price of $66.60.

From WWE Shop:

Straight from Death Valley comes a collector’s box 30 Years in the making! This limited edition box has been crafted to celebrate the unparalleled career of The Undertaker, and it is absolutely filled to the brim with exclusive items including:
  • Exclusive T-Shirt
  • Classic Fit
  • 24x36 "Evolution of the Deadman" Poster
  • Undertaker & Paul Bearer Vinyl Figures - Ooooh Yessssss!
  • "Ministry of Darkness" Enamel Pin
  • Cosplay Set
  • Replica Undertaker Tie
  • Replica Undertaker Gloves
  • Rubber Undertaker Mask

For three decades, Undertaker has loomed over the WWE landscape like a menacing shadow, spelling out doom for those who dare cross him. Imbued with seemingly mystical abilities and preternatural in-ring skill, The Deadman is a WWE great in a class by himself, and no list of Legends would be complete without him.

Don’t miss out on this one of a kind opportunity. Only 1,500 of this Limited Edition box will ever be sold, so get yours before they’re gone forever.

Link for those interested: https://legendsshop.wwe.com/products...collectors-box

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote