View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 09:21 PM   #1503
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Last night's Raw averaged 1.78 million viewers, an expected increase over recent weeks due to the Drew McIntyre WWE Championship win over Randy Orton in the main event.

As expected, there was no major third hour drop due to that match going on last. On the flip side, the viewers gained from recent weeks were mostly over the age of 50, as the younger demos were down from last week, with 18-49 doing a 0.51 and 18-34 doing a 0.24.

The total audience was up five percent, but 18-49 was down four percent and 18-34 was down eight percent.

Unlike last week, where the women's audience maintained, this week it was different. From the first-to-third hour, women 18-49 were down 25 percent, showing women not being nearly as interested in the title match. Men 18-49 were up one percent, which is very unusual, but not unexpected. Teenage girls dropped 21 percent and teenage boys were up eight percent. Over 50 only dropped two percent, which is exceedingly low ...

Raw beat all entertainment shows on cable overall, losing only to NFL-related programming on ESPN (Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings did 11.45 million viewers, 3.23 in 18-49, and 2.41 in 18-34) and news shows. But Raw beat all news shows in 18-49, trailing only three NFL related shows on ESPN and Below Deck on Bravo (0.53) ...

Raw was down 16 percent from the same week last year overall, 25 percent in 18-49, and 44 percent in 18-34.

The three hours were:
  • 8 p.m. 1.87 million viewers
  • 9 p.m.. 1.74 million viewers
  • 10 p.m. 1.73 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Marti Belle is no longer under contract with the NWA and is now a free agent.

In a tweet posted on Tuesday, Belle (real name Martibel Payano) announced that she's no longer under contract with the NWA. Belle wrote that she doesn't know what's next for her, but she's excited to find out.
UNW's weekly PPV shows and AEW likely helping out financially are the only reasons why the NWA hasn't collapsed by now due to the coronavirus pandemic. Even with the money coming in, they still are in a very rough shape out of the notable indies in the US.

Quote:
Ring of Honor's first pay-per-view of the pandemic era is set for next month.

On this week's episode of ROH Week By Week, it was announced that Final Battle 2020 will take place on Friday, December 18. It was noted that more information regarding the PPV will be revealed on ROH Week By Week and ROH's website in the coming weeks.
Quote:
Matt Sydal has officially signed with AEW.

The company confirmed this afternoon that Sydal has signed with the company.

He made his debut for the company at Double or Nothing as a surprise, entering last as the Joker wildcard. There was a spot in the match where Sydal botched a shooting star press, landing on his head. He was able to continue working the match, however, until he was eliminated by Eddie Kingston.

Since Double or Nothing, Sydal has mostly worked matches for AEW Dark. However, he has appeared on a couple of recent episodes of Dynamite, losing to Kingston and Brian Cage.
Quote:
Drew McIntyre told Fox Sports that the sword he carried during his entrance on last night’s Raw belongs to Vince McMahon. McIntyre said it was a gift to Vince from Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.
Quote:
Following her appearance in The Mandalorian, Sasha Banks responded to a question from USA Today about whether or not she has the itch to do more film and TV acting: “Absolutely. I have so many goals and so many things that I would love to do in Hollywood, and so many things that I would love to do outside of WWE that I'm making possible. So keep on watching in 2021. I’m going to keep on killing it and crush all my dreams.”
Quote:
All three members of The New Day are now available as playable DLC characters in Gears 5.
Link: https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/...66714289512448

Quote:
Renee Paquette announced that she’s launching a podcast called Oral Sessions. Paquette wrote that the podcast is “about cool ass people having a great conversation. Unfiltered and unscripted!” Paquette said the goal is to release a new episode every Tuesday starting on November 24.
Quote:
The 2300 Arena (ECW Arena) in Philadelphia has started a GoFundMe campaign to help save the venue amid the COVID-19 pandemic: “It is with a heavy heart that the 2300 Arena is asking for help from our friends, family, and supporters, with our hat in hand when it counts the most. We need your support to stay afloat this winter and continue our 13-year legacy. This has obviously been our most difficult year – Covid-19 has hit us extraordinarily hard due to the nature of our business.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Vicente Beltran conducted an interview with The Undertaker and during their conversation, the topic of Roman Reigns and Jey Uso’s storyline came up and Undertaker mentioned talking to Bruce Prichard recently and telling him how much he has enjoyed the storyline.

“I was actually talking with Bruce Prichard on the phone a couple of days ago and I mentioned to him how much I’ve enjoyed the Roman Reigns/Jey Uso program, because that’s kind of an old school program, you know? It was very easy to understand, especially if you’re familiar with the Samoan legacy and heritage and how proud that Samoan bloodline is, especially in the wrestling world. To understand that and to have these cousins that grew up and now they’re fighting, it was so — there was so many layers to it. I thought that was the closest thing to really old school stuff that we’ve done in a while, and obviously they delivered. It was an amazing match too.”

Undertaker was asked how he would like to be remembered as an individual and as a professional and here was his response:

“I’d want to be remembered as someone who loved this business and gave everything that they had, not only to do well while I was there but to move the business forward. I wanna be remembered as somebody that was always willing to help somebody who wanted to get better, and those are the things that are most important to me is being able to go out there and know that my fans were gonna get what they paid to see. I never mailed it in, I always went there no matter how bad that I felt, whatever physical condition I was in, I gave ‘em everything that I had, because I always looked at it as, ‘They’re paying their hard earned money to come and see me. I gotta give them what I have,’ and hopefully they know that and appreciate that and then on the professional side of it, always trying to pay it forward and help the next guy along to kind of miss some of the bumps that I had to take and some of the lumps and the learning process. Those I think are the most important things I want to be remembered for.”
Quote:
Yahoo! Sports Canada caught up with The Undertaker to promote his ‘Final Farewell’ at Survivor Series. With WWE’s Survivor Series show emanating from the Amway Center, Undertaker thinks it’ll help him get through his ceremony because fans are not there live and he thinks it’ll be less emotional in that sense ...

The multi-time WWE World Champion looked back at the storyline between himself and Glenn “Kane” Jacobs. Undertaker feels that it is the greatest storyline WWE has ever put together.

“Although I had wrestled some giants up until that point and I had these dragons that I had to slay, none of them really matched up like Kane did. You have this over-the-top character in the Undertaker, but now he has a brother? It was over the top, but there was a real kind of connection that people could identify with. If you have a sibling, you understand sibling rivalries, but now it’s on an entirely different scale. You have one who throws lightning and the other creates fire. It was part reality, part supernatural, almost comic book story. I will always say it is the best story that WWE has ever told.”
Quote:
Ax of the 3-time WWF Tag Team Champions Demolition was interviewed by Bill Pritchard of WrestleZone. Ax was asked about FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler’s) first names being a tribute to Ax and Smash. He had the following to say about the tribute and Dax also reacted to Ax’s comments via Twitter.

“Well, I’ll tell you what, that’s the first time I heard that and I’m really… normally I have a lot to say but I’m at a search for words. I really appreciate that and if you talk to them — I mean I never get a chance to, either Barry or I, unless it’s some kind of convention, but if you’re talking to them and that’s truly the situation, please tell them thank you very much for us. I really do appreciate that and tell them that we both appreciate that. That’s a fine tribute because they’re one of the teams — The Young Bucks — there’s four or five teams that I know, or have been around together for some time and I honestly think that they are one of the few teams that work as a team. They remind me a lot of The Andersons and Arn and Tully [Blanchard] as well so, they do a good job.”
Quote:
Kota Ibushi shared a video of himself eating a sparkler.
Link: https://twitter.com/ibushi_kota/stat...14397929877504

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleTalk
A former WWE talent has commented on the reason why they were able to keep their controversial ring name during their time with the company.

As we’ve already covered on the site, Killer Kelly recently spoke with Fightful Select regarding her time in WWE and her departure.

WWE more often than not gives wrestlers new names, but Killer Kelly was able to keep hers.

This is potentially even more confusing given that her name includes “Killer” and Karrion Kross had to change from Killer Kross.

Kelly said that she believes the reason she was able to keep is simply because WWE forgot about it.

She did, however, say that she was relieved when she saw “Killer Kelly” written on the contract as she didn’t want to lose the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ethan Page's current Impact deal is up at the end of December. There is no word whether he and the company have come to terms on a new deal, but Page is already teasing his future

The other big deal that is believed to be up by the next month is Taya Valkyrie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Details on Brodie Lee's absence from AEW television.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Brodie Lee is currently dealing with an undisclosed injury, which is why he's been off television. Meltzer said Lee is dealing with a "possible ankle injury," but there was no confirmation on the injury.

Lee hasn't wrestled since losing the AEW TNT Championship to Cody Rhodes in a Dog Collar Match on the October 7 episode of AEW Dynamite.

It is unknown when he will return to television.
SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle is scheduled to be in attendance at the Survivor Series this Sunday, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

It is likely that Angle is being brought in for the Undertaker's Final Farewell. As previously reported, Kane, The Godfather and Savio Vega will also be in attendance at the PPV. Whether any of them will appear on camera remains to be seen. It's entirely possible they are being brought in to film WWE Network content or additional material related to Undertaker that will be released down the line.

Angle was released by WWE from his position as a Producer this past April as part of their cost-cutting in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since that release, WWE offered Angle a chance to return to manage Raw star Riddle, an overture Angle turned down ...

WWE is not the only company that has shown interest in Kurt Angle, PWInsider.com can also confirm. At one point, there was a strong pitch made by Impact Wrestling to bring Angle in with the idea that he would return at Bound for Glory, but for whatever reason, the talks faltered.

Spoiler tag used since its related to current Undertaker plans for Survivor Series.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote