Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 07:12 PM   #2661
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
I'm pretty sure that Meltzer said in early 2020 the new TNT deal made them profitable. I'd assume not incurring the cost of touring and renting has made not having an audience come out as as. It a huge financial blow anyway.
You really can’t trust Meltzer when it comes to AEW. I used to really like the guy, but:

-He conflates AEW’s international PPV data with their domestic buys and uses that number to compare against terrestrial domestic PPV to pimp AEW. He’ll tell you stuff like “AEW is doing better on PPV than anyone since WCW.” Which ignores that there hasn’t been anything big since WCW and that ECW actually got higher US PPV buys than AEW did.

-His maths when trying to justify the low bar for AEW’s TV ratings was ridiculous. He blatantly suggested that TNT will subtract B/R Live subscribers from the usual average in the slot. Come on.

-Spreading shit about Randy Orton when he didn’t sign with AEW. Meltzer made it sound like Orton priced himself out of negotiations. Tony Khan himself went on Twitter and made a jab at Orton for using AEW’s offers to better his position with Vince. To do that you need an offer. TK admitted it, Meltzer tried to hide they didn’t nab him.

-His coverage of AEW fucking over New Japan was all wonky.

-When it comes to the WWE, viewership is important. When it comes to AEW, it’s demo.

-Never spoils AEW even though he has a direct line in.

-Never criticises them for their “sloppy” practices, whereas the WWE is open game.

-The news or something else is always to blame when AEW fails to build momentum in the ratings. That’s always been bullshit, but now people like Brandon Thurston are finally starting to call it.

I used to like the guy, but his AEW coverage has REALLY soured me on him. He’s obviously getting talked to less and less by WWE guys too. Oh well. He’s made his bed and can lie in it.

AEW being profitable coming from Meltzer just means that The Bucks have told him that, or that he wants people to think that.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote