View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #3302
Captain of Fun

Captain of Fun has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Captain of Fun has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Captain of Fun has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Captain of Fun has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Captain of Fun has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Captain of Fun has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Captain of Fun has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronepool View Post
Fear Itself was a steaming pile of shit. From now I will not subscribe to 'major Marvel events' (at stores) without reading the first issue or two. Uncanny X-Force and Amazing Spider-Man are the most enjoyable titles from Marvel for me. Might even stop following Avengers/New Avengers after the whole Dark Avengers Return arc just to buy less over priced comics.

This is why I download and read the books every week from torrent sites. If I like a story, I'll buy the trade. Storing single issues of comics is a chore, but trades fit nicely on the bookshelf.

Also, by downloading the weekly DCP and Minuteman scans, I can read everything that comes out, and discover new titles and story arcs to buy, that I never would have come across if I only read what I bought.

Also, yeah, Fear Itself was crap.
SPOILER: show
Don't know what the fuck they were thinking, killing Bucky. There goes hundreds of fresh potential stories, down the toilet just for a cheap shock moment. Bullshit.

Uncanny X-Force(including the original book with x-23, warpath, and archangel) has been the most consistently good book the last few years. Even the artwork has never slipped once.

Feel like the Avengers, New Avengers, and Secret Avengers have been pretty good so far. Of all the Avengers titles, Academy is definitely the best, so if you haven't checked that out yet, give it a look.

Future Foundation is giving X-Force a run for it's money. Haven't read the more recent issues yet, but the first two were really good.
Captain of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote