View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 12:29 PM   #3261
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
And don't tell me Cesaro is another victim of the WWE exodus/purging?
Yes indeed he is. In his case, his contract quietly expired in February and apparently they just couldn't agree to terms. The longer he was gone, the more people thought they'd agree to something to return, but instead he signed with AEW in late June.

Quote:
Yeah, short of post-coitus exhaustion or congenital heart failure, no way some scrub like Kazarian could take a dude like Miro in a fight.
In fairness, I'd happily go 0-9 in the tourney if the only reason was sex exhaustion.

Quote:
Yeah, that EWR tendency to fuck you for putting less over guys after a fire of a match can suck but logically you're supposed to be progressively building up the show to the most over people you've got for your main event.
So here's where booking a tourney like this differs in Fire Pro than an EWR or even real life. You'd pick your tourney winner, the finalist, and kinda work backwards from there.

In the real life G1, it's treated like an actual sport and in a real sport you'd see your schedule in advance. So when they announce the G1 schedules, you know which night each match is. The one drawback though is you could quite easily look at the final night of the blocks and pretty much figure out where the tourney is going, because obviously they want it to work out so that the block is decided on the final night of the tourney.

In this case, I'm not in control of the outcomes so I just decide the matches on the fly and if two guys position themselves as favorites and haven't fought yet, I'm gonna try to push their match to the end. If I can get to the point where there is a clear cut "this guy wins the block if he wins this match" scenario then that's a win, but it's out of my control.

Quote:
I honestly don't know how to feel about Christian still rocking the tights. He's most certainly not as banged up as Edge but I still question his choice.
It was one of those things where WWE benched him in 2014 out of extreme caution, and it felt like one of those things where once Bryan managed to get himself cleared after a 2-year retirement, the door would've been open for Christian to do the same but he just never seemed to press the issue.

I do think Edge returning though got him into the mindset where he actually wanted to give it a go.

Funny enough, he returned as a total surprise in the 2021 Royal Rumble (which Edge won). There was a fairly clear path to do some Edge and Christian vs. The Usos stuff on Edge's road to face Roman. Instead, Christian almost immediately bailed and signed with AEW within a month of his return.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote