View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 04:19 PM   #651
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I just started a new game as WWE (my ECW went bankrupt. Of course, I spent an insane amount of MLW money to bring in the old roster, so that doesn't surprise me) and split the rosters into WCW (Raw became Nitro), WWF (SmackDown stayed), and ECW (Heat became Extreme TV).

I brought in as many old stars from the promotions as I could that my existing talent would be willing to work with (i.e. no Hogan, Jerry Lynn, Mike Awesome, Juvi, etc.).

WWF World - The Rock
Intercontinental - Triple H
Tag Team - I actually can't remember at the moment. Maybe Demolition?
Women - Trish

WCW World - Sting
United States - Eddie Guerrero
Tag Team - Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire. NBT, baby!
Cruiserweight - Rey Mysterio, Jr.

ECW World - Rob Van Dam
Television - Terry Funk (surprise debut in fourway vs. Raven, Dreamer, & Credible)
Tag Team - Dudley Boyz

I'm making money, which is a nice departure from my ECW game , and my ratings are good. Except stupid World Domination Wrestling had to swoop in and sign a lot of indy/lucha guys I wanted. Oh, well.

Nitro is hot, 'cause I have Mysterio, Kidman, Dragon, Psicosis, Chavo, Blitzkrieg, 2/3 of Three Count (Goldberg doesn't get along with Karagias, so once Billy's contract ends...), and Mike Sanders anchoring the Cruiserweight division. Plus, I signed all of the Natural Born Thrillers, and I'm laying the groundwork for an NBT/WCW feud with Flair leading the WCW team (with Sting, the Canadian Chrises, Eddie, Goldy, Steiner, etc.) that will probably end with Steiner turning heel and becoming another main-event heel with Booker.

ECW is working well. I just brought in Balls and Axl to help round out the tag team division and 911 for a top hoss face. I really want to sign Super Crazy, but he has Japanese commitments for another couple of months. Rhino's out with a hand injury, but he'll be back by Heatwave. RVD has put on some hot matches with Tajiri and Justin Credible since he won the title, and I think it's about time to introduce Raven into the title picture.

WWF is not working well right now, because I don't know what direction I want to go with it. The main-event scene is pretty stacked with Rock, Angle, Brock, HHH, and Undertaker, but I love the midcard (Hardy, Christian, the women's division) so much that I have a tendency to just sort of throw a main event together with little build-up. I just debuted Mordecai, so that gives 'Taker something to do for awhile, but I have nothing for Rocky and Trips to do right now, and they're my two singles champions. The tag division is looking good, even though I split up a lot of the existing teams to send them to ECW and WCW, because I have started bringing in old teams like Demolition and the Headbangers so that it wouldn't be an endless cycle of Basham Brothers vs. La Resistance vs. Scotty & Rikishi matches. JBL is out several months with a rippped bicep and Eugene is out for a year with a major back injury.

Anyway, I'm still an EWR n00b, so we'll see if this lasts.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote