View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 12:25 PM   #932
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My thoughts as I collect them. I really don't follow the product, but I do more than the crew I watched with.

1. Not even Hogan needed as many shenanigans to lose as Charlotte does.
2. I'm tired of finisher spam Title matches.
3. Carmella is crap. Reginald is more interesting than she is.
4. I made a few cracks about G.I. Bro during the song we barely listened to. After the performance, Cole made reference to the gimmick, as well.
5. The Women's Rumble was fine. I won money in the pool as I drew #3. Nice to see Mickey and Victoria. Bel Air and Naomi did awesome. Toni Storm is my next ex wife. Lawler shouldn't be calling Women's matches in 2021. I'm surprised that it didn't take 7 people to eliminate Charlotte. Lana low bridging Jax was funny. Bianca with the ugly cry at the end.
6. Roman vs. Owens made me wish it was Pearce, instead. Match went way too long. The finish was botched and it was anticlimatic. Especially when there was at least 4 spots that SHOULD have been the finish. The Golf Cart bit was much better and funnier than the use in AEW. And why use the forklift to do a senton when he could have, I dunno, did the Halftime Heat finish? I don't want to see handcuffs or duct tape in another Last Man Standing Match for a long time.
7. Men's Rumble was good. This year had the problem for me of "There was so few people I gave a shit about, that anyone could have won." My buddy Chuck won this pool, and I didn't even get mad about that, because he had heart surgery last year. Glad he was with us. I thought Orton was gonna win in the end. Surprised he didn't. I thought the Fiend was gonna return. Surprised he didn't. "3 is the worst number to come out in?" Tell that to Ric Flair. Or to Bianca who won from #3 EARLIER IN THE FUCKING NIGHT! Carlito was in better shape than he was in much of his first Run. Wasn't Jey announced for the match? Why is Baron Corbin still a thing? For the first time in a long time, I saw Kane and didn't hate his presence. Also, for the first time in a long time, he didn't spend a long period of time in the ring sucking heat off of people. AJ's bodyguard doing his thing was impressive and new feeling. And AJ was clever in keeping himself in the side of the ring that behemoth was. Damien Priest is incredible looking. He has some star power to him. Hurricane does the spot he usually does, to diminishing returns. I liked the New Day's tribute to Luke Harper. Big E and Lashley fighting is something I didn't know I needed to see. CHRISTIAN! CHRISTIAN! AT LAST YOUR IN THE RING! The Bryan and Riddle chain grappling was great. I have no problems with Edge, the old guy, winning. Because, again, there was so little to give a shit about that anyone could have won. Dude also has a gas tank on him. Holy shit.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote