View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 02:13 AM   #10966
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
^^^

So I ended up having the entire theater to myself to see Missing Link, but it didn't start out that way. When I arrived to the theater there was another person present, sitting a few seats down from me, same row. They ended up leaving...I think because of me...

I looked around and said "I think we are the only people here" and the guy turns to me and says "Yeah, I was thinking about seeing this or Dumbo because I have a Stubs membership" and I said "yeah, I have one too" (Dumbo is AWFUL, side note).

Then he said "Or Hellboy" and I said "I was going to see Hellboy, but the Rotten Tomatoes score is something like 13%". This was the moment of "the triggering"

The guy turns to me and starts rambling for maybe 30 seconds - it seemed like longer - about how Rotten Tomatoes is propaganda who protected Brie Larson and Brie Larson is a terrible actress and can't act and Brie Larson has no emotions and ruins every movie she is in. Clearly, a very serious and important issue of our time.

I said "I think Brie Larson is great. The movie she won an Oscar for, ROOM, she is fantastic in that" (weird grumbling sound from guy) "I can't wait for Endgame in a few weeks, she is going to kick ass in that".

At this point he mumbled something that sort-of-kind-of sounded like "I can't...do this" and then he got up and left. I thought maybe he went to the restroom or concessions, but nope, he never came back, ever. It was a delight having the place to myself, so "Thank You" to Brie Larson, you helped eliminate this dude tonight -- and probably Thanos in a few more weeks.
slik is offline   Reply With Quote