View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 11:07 PM   #3350
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by the Partridge Family's bus

Raw: November 26, 2040

It's time for another edition of the Hot Button with everyone's favorite host, The Hero to Millions Around the World, the Host With THE Highest Rated Interview Show In All of Entertainment, The New Age Intellectual Savior to the Masses, The 2031 Fulton County First Place Conga Award Winner, The Luscious Lover and Undefeated Steel Cage Master and REAL 2040 King of the Ring, The Supreme Submission Machine, Mister Twenty-Forty, Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect, the Cruiserweight Champion Michael Hotbody! He wants to brag about yet another amazing accomplishment that happened last night at Survivor Series. It's actually a 2-for-1 deal. Not only did Hotbody manage to be the sole surviving member and win the match single-handedly, he snuffed out any championship hopes that Lyle Morris had! This year just keeps getting better and better and Hotbody's star just keeps burning bigger and brighter. It's almost unfair if you really think about it! Hotbody isn't sure what's in store for his immediate future regarding the Cruiserweight Title, but in the meantime everyone can now refer to him as the Sole Survivor! This is a ride that's exceeded even his own expectations and there's just no end in sight!

Cue the interruption as HOLY SHIT!!! IT'S IAN GOD DAMN MOORE!!! The legend himself!!! What's he doing here other than deciding to join Hotbody on the Hot Button. Hotbody is equally shocked and excited at the sight of this as the rest of the crowd and gets down to it.

"Well, this is a surprise! Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the show, the great Ian Moore! Ian, I have to ask, what brings you here tonight. No, wait, I can guess. You heard about me wanting to celebrate my milestone achievment and wanted to get in on the action so you can recapture some of that excitement from your glory days! Well, you're most certainly always welcome to come onto the Hot Button anytime because if there is one iconic WWE Superstar that I would've enjoyed beating if I had been around back in the day, it's definitely you, Ian. That's why you're here, right? Am I right? I think I'm right."

Ian looks annoyed as he delivers his response. "Well, actually, I was supposed to be here to open the show but I come to understand that you just hijacked this time. Allow me to get things started properly here, if you don't mind, Michael. Lisa Benton is unable to be here tonight as she is taking part of a company retreat. Nevertheless, as one of her direct superiors, I have been appointed to carry out her duties in the time being. First and foremost is the announcement of the Slammy Awards! This annual tradition is one of my personal favorite events and I'm here to confirm that proceedings will take place next week on December 6th, live on Superstars. This event, of course, relies heavily on fan voting so tonight, immediately after the conclusion of Raw, I encourage everyone to log on to the WWE website or use the app to vote for your favorite nominees on all the different categories, ranging from Woman of the Year to Match of the Year and of course, the big one, Superstar of the Year."

"Oh, that one is definitely going to me. I know it. The people here know it. All of you go do what this guy just said and go vote for me. I am going to clean up at the awards, that's a fact. I may even win more than you, Ian!"

Ian continues with his promo while still looking annoyed with Hotbody. "Uh, yeah...anyways, the other major thing is the next PPV at the end of this month. We need a new challenger for the Unified World Title in the main event. So tonight, we will hold two triple threat matches. The winners of those matches will face each other one on one in the main event of SmackDown! this Friday where the winner will get the right to wrestle for the Unified World Title at Bragging Rights. And the participants for those triple threat matches? None other than the six men who managed to survive their elimination matches last night at Survivor Series."

"Wait, that includes me!!!" exclaims Hotbody. "I get a chance at the World Title? Ian, this is huge!!! And here I thought you were just going to bore everyone by telling a bunch of stories of the good old days. But you know what? You're alright. I'm glad you wanted to be part of the show because this is probably the best news I could've gotten today. I may be overselling that sentiment, but still, I'll take you over that hag of a general manager, Lisa, I'll tell you what. Am I right, dog? I can't wait for SmackDown! where everyone is going to watch me become the number one contender and go on to end one hell of a year by adding the World Title to my accomplishments! Suck on that, Lisa!!!"

Ian looks fed up with Michael as he has more to add. "Well, see, about that. Lisa not being here doesn't mean she can't perform her duties. In fact, she had a message to deliver to you specifically. See, it's good that you're looking forward to SmackDown!, because if things do indeed go your way, you're going to have a busy night on that date. See, the stipulation surrounding your match last night was that Lyle Morris wouldn't get his title shot for the Cruiserweight Championship if your team won. But as you so eloquently put it earlier, your team didn't win last night; only you did. So using the logic you tried pulling a while back, this would mean that Lyle Morris still gets his chance at your title...and he's going to get that chance this Friday on SmackDown!. Have a nice week, Michael." And with that Ian takes his leave, waving to the crowd while Hotbody loses his shit in the ring.

Backstage, both Xavier Cross and Chris Collins want to air their grievances about last night's events. Xavier is particularly irate at the fact that people have been dunking on him for losing. Those so-called winners should feel nothing but shame because it took three of them just to beat the mighty Xavier Cross! Collins calls out Alexander Piero for needing a woman to fight his battles and help him out. The two of them challenge Kyle Jacobs and Piero to face them on Superstars if they're not afraid of a fair fight.

Opening Match: Ainsley and Debra Phillips vs. C4
Brooke gets on the stick to talk about her mixed feelings. Salvatore Scabbia did her proud last night and is most certainly going to do the same when he emerges victorious later tonight. However, Carmella and Cordelia need to show a bit more promise and cohesion that they did last night. Jenna and Leah shouldn't have been able to pull off what they did and the fault lays with C4 needing to act as one. Brooke demands perfection tonight. That being said, things don't look so peachy on the other side as Ainsley looks upset having to team with Debra, no doubt because of Debra's recent actions. Debra insists on handling the match herself. It comes to an end when both Carmella and Debra stuggle to their feet after a collision. Debra refuses to go for a tag and tries to go on the offense. Cordelia tags herself in as Debra tries pulling Carmella off the ropes. Cordelia comes in by nailing a Crowning Achievement from the top and that's enough for the pin. Ainsley is all "WTF, bro?" on the apron as Carmella looks annoyed at what Cordelia did. ****1/4, 72% overall.

Not sure if this another DUD show because both Ainsley and Debra are really low in terms of overness and the charisma from C4 is kind of balls.

It's more Sportz Entertainment! time as Ozzy Mandias makes his way out to the ring for some more gab. Ozzy isn't going to try make excuses for what happened last night. A loss is a loss and he's man enough to admit that LaSalle was able to get the duke. It took a while to swallow a lot of his pride, but now Ozzy is ready to man up and call Martyn LaSalle out here so he can be personally congratulated. Ozzy honestly didn't think it was possible, but he's a man of his word. "So Martyn, come on out here and get what you're owed."

It takes a while, but reluctantly Martyn LaSalle comes on out to joing Ozzy in the ring. LaSalle makes it clear that this had better be good because he's kind of tired of this at this point and really isn't in the mood for any more nonsense. Ozzy assures him that everything is on the level. LaSalle made the claim that he'd walk out victorious at Survivor Series and hed did so. Ozzy feels bad about leaving Martyn hanging last night so he's ready to make up for that by offering a handshake. "Come on, man, you earned it."

LaSalle looks at Ozzy with hesitation, but ultimately accepts the shake and Ozzy is content and says that LaSalle is free to go. LaSalle takes him up on that and turns to start to leave.

"Although," Ozzy continues, "I can't help but recall the claim that you made before that you were going to break my arm and make me squeal and tap or what not. It seems odd that you're just going to take all the praise and applause for winning without actually doing what you claimed you were going to do, isn't it?"

LaSalle closes his eyes and takes a deep breath as he looks fed up with this shit. Ozzy continues his rant: "I mean, those were your words, not mine. It just seems like you're more than happy taking the easy way out and being a liar."

That's enough to get LaSalle to snap and he turns back around and grabs Ozzy by the shirt collar forces him into a corner and yells at him. Things look bad BUT HERE COMES HUGO!!! WTF?!? Didn't he already make a mess by screwing over Eddy Clash last night. He attacks LaSalle from behind as Ozzy looks shocked and decides to do the smart thing by getting out of the ring. LaSalle gets tossed around some more until Hugo decides he's done enough and exits as hastily as he entered. Is no one in the locker room safe now that this lunatic monster is back?

Backstage, old buddies Paul Andrews and Ian Moore catch up with each other as Ian is about to head out. They exchange pleasantries about the past until Paul brings up the fact that he's got a favor to ask. He'd normally try to ask Lisa Benton, but that's not an option right now so he's kind of hoping Ian can do him a solid for old times sake. Leah has been on his ass about the whole situation she's got going on with Jenna Kyle. Andrews is kind of hoping to get something juicy enough to placate her. Ian Moore suggests giving her the opportunity to take out all her frustrations on Jenna herself. How about the two of them, one-on-one on Superstars? Oh, and to make it even juicier, let's give the winner a shot at the Women's Title at Bragging Rights. Andrews thinks that will be more than enough and with that they say their goodbyes and part ways.

Second Match: Adam Hail vs. Alexander Piero vs.The Hero to Millions Around the World, the Host With THE Highest Rated Interview Show In All of Entertainment, The New Age Intellectual Savior to the Masses, The 2031 Fulton County First Place Conga Award Winner, The Luscious Lover and Undefeated Steel Cage Master and REAL 2040 King of the Ring, The Supreme Submission Machine, Mister Twenty-Forty, The Sole Survivor, Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect, the Cruiserweight Champion Michael Hotbody
Why yes, that didn't take long for the new addition to the moniker to get added. Nathan Quinn accuses Paul Andrews of politicking and using his friendship with Ian Moore to get ahead. Now he's going to have a chance to be managing the Women's Champion? Well, we'll all just see how he likes it when Adam Hail goes onto to Bragging Rights and captures the Unified World Title! And he's going to do it not by sucking up to anyone, but by being the best! Hotbody spends most of the match macking on Luscious and making kissy faces at her, only getting involved when he needs to break up a pin. It finally comes to an end when Lyle Morris decides to come out and chase Hotbody out of the arena, leaving Piero and Hail. Chris Collins comes out and makes his way down the ramp and glares at Piero, getting the rookie's attention. This allows Quinn the opportunity to pull Piero's throat onto the top rope and that sets him up for a Hailstorm off the top from Hail, allowing Hail to advance to SmackDown!. ****1/2, 81% overall.

Third Match: Ethan Lang vs. Steve Hayes
This match seems out of place BUT I'VE GOT PLANS!!! Once again, this is all about Ethan making the most of his association with Jake Connelly and continuing his push. He manages to get the win after the Bitter Languish. Afterwards, Cameron Harper of all people runs down to join Connelly and Lang, but he looks more interested in pestering Connelly, much to the annoyance of both him and Lang. What's the deal here? ****1/2, 79% overall.

Still not sure on the DUD show-ness.

Fourth Match: The Morris Cousins vs. The Dillingers
Lyle is over the moon about his opportunity at Michael Hotbody. He's been given a second wind and he's not going to squander it. He's reached the point where he has the chance of this being the greatest year of his life. He has Chet back at his side and he's got gold in his future. The countdown begins, Hotbody! So this match kicks ass as you'd expect. It's two well established veteran teams. The Morris Cousins get that lovely momentum by hitting Joey Dillinger with the Backwoods Bomb and Chet gets the pin for the victory. *****, 86% overall.

OK, I think we're good.

Fifth Match: Ryan Pattillo vs. Kyle Jacobs vs. Salvatore Scabbia
Brooke is confident as all fuck and declares that she can't wait for Scabbia to get what he's been due for so long. It's a chaotic affair to say the least. Xavier Cross watches from the stage. It comes to an end when Jacobs has Pattillo down but Scabbia pounces on the opportunity and locks in the Omerta on Jacobs! Jacobs manages to keep fighting and pushes Scabbia back into the corner. Scabbia won't let go and Jacobs looks like he's screwed. WAIT A MINUTE!!! The Academy comes down to ringside and they each grab one of Scabbia's legs and yank him down, causing the hold to be broken. They then post his nuts. Jacobs is dazed and Pattillo has recovered and he hits the Shutdown on Jacobs to get the pin and punch his ticket for SmackDown!. ****1/2, 81% overall.

OK, now I'm really not sure. Maybe Scabbia's charisma dragged things down?

More In-Ring Super Special Talky Time this time with the challenger for the Unified World Title last night, Haven. Haven is aware that last night left many questions unanswered. However, the only one Haven is interested in is how long is Wrakk going to hide like a coward behind the smoke and mirrors? Haven makes it clear that he knows who that man was who showed up in the match last night and wants to know from where Wrakk dug him up because he's ready and willing to send him back there.

The Unified World Champion Wrakk decides to come on out and address these concerns. Wrakk claims that he had nothing to do with whoever the hell that was last night. If that guy has any sort of issue with you, that's Haven's problem, and no one else's. Wrakk didn't even need that guy in the first place. He was well on his way to retaining his title without him and everyone knows it! He's not going to listen to anymore whining and excuses from a loser like Haven. He has more important things to focus on, namely who's going to be the next victim at Bragging Rights.

Haven doesn't look particularly amused by this and decides he's just going to beat some answers out of Wrakk. He leaves the ring and starts making his way up the ramp while Wrakk begins his way down. THE LIGHTS GO OFF!!! This looks bad. They come back on and that same man from last night is behind Haven!!! He spins Haven around and once again Haven looks shocked. Then he starts to look like Wrakk is kicking his ass. Wrakk commences a beat down all while this still unnamed man just gazes on. Wrakk eventually looks like he's had his fill and decides to leave, leaving this man to crouch over the fallen Haven. We need answers!!!

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified Tag Team Titles
The Royal Effect (c) vs. The Wyldhearts
As promised, the Wyldhearts finally get their shot. They pick where they left off from last night but enough officials come out to get things somewhat organized into standard tag team parameters. Aside from being awesome, that is, because this is a great way to cap off the night. The end comes when McKay tries to toss in one of the tag belts to Kavovit while the ref is down. Madison runs interference and snatches it away from him. She gets stalked by McKay for this but Robbie Greer dives onto him from the ring to put an end to that. Bellamey recovers and continues the fight with Kavovit. Kavovit tries an Irish Whip but that gets reversed and Robbie makes his way back in time to help hit the Heartstopper with Bellamey. The ref comes to and counts the pin for the Wyldhearts giving them win and the titles! WE HAVE NEW CHAMPIONS!!! *****, 86% overall. Well, we ended on a high note at least.

Overall show rating: 82%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote