View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 12:30 PM   #337
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I saw the whole season but'll hold off on spoilers as everyone catches up.

I will say--Mary Mouser is very cute but dear god, she is the weakest actor of the "main" kids. Very Disney.

Hawk and Dmitri seem the most natural to me, though I'd need to rewatch all of it again since I binge-watch, making it impossible to have really good judgement.

Miguel has a lot of good moments but sometimes falters and comes off a little too hokey.

Tanner Buchannan really performed well this season after feeling a bit "off" for the past 2 after I liked his performance in season 1.

Peyton List is growing on me. Feels way less terrible of an actor than before.

The new black kid whose name escapes me I thought was very very very stellar. And same with LaPusso. For their age, both performances felt honest and unforced.

The problem I find (and there aren't too many on the show, given its tone and aim) is a lot of the other kids are used almost strictly to info-dump--or maybe some of them are so stilted in delivery that's how it comes off. There was also that new girl on Eagle Fang who sounded like she was reading her lines off a teleprompter. In fairness, you're going to have mixed results when so much of the cast is teenagers, so it's unfair to shit all over it.

As far as the adult cast, there aren't too many weaknesses. Maybe Miguel's mom.

Was really impressed all around though. Martin Kove is really maximizing this opportunity. Good for him. And I really enjoyed Terry Silver.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote