View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #2289
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I was bored so I decided to take the "leaked" WM card that Meltzer gave out and book it in EWR. I booked the show as though I were going to continue playing past this (which I might actually do, not sure yet).

WrestleMania XXVII
WWE United States Title: Daniel Bryan def. King Sheamus. Bryan faced his toughest competition to date but was able to overcome the size differential and score the win with a LeBell Lock, continuing his long title reign. **, 75% Overall

Big Show, Christian, Kane, and Kofi Kingston def. The Corre (Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel, and Heath Slater). Show finally got retribution after months of frustration at the hands of The Corre. During the inevitable pier six brawl, Show knocked Barrett out cold with a right hand for the win. *3/4, 76% Overall

“Dashing” Cody Rhodes def. Rey Mysterio. Rhodes shocked the world by decidedly pinning the former champion with the Cross Rhodes. Cody tried to remove Rey’s mask after but Rey reversed and flung him into the ropes and hit a 619. *1/4, 77% Overall. Wow, guess those guys really didn’t click.

Randy Orton def. CM Punk. During the match, Orton neutralized Punk’s ringside cohort Mason Ryan. After a ref bump, Punk signaled in his backup plan – the returning Skip Sheffield! However, Sheffield shocked the world by laying out Punk with a massive lariat. Punk would then stumble up into an RKO for the Orton win. **3/4, 88% Overall

World Heavyweight Title: Alberto Del Rio def. Edge. Ricardo Rodriguez made a nuisance of himself at ringside. The distractions eventually got the best of Edge as Del Rio caught him off guard and locked in the Cross Arm Breaker for the win and the title, making him the first Rumble winner since 2007 to win the title at Mania. ***, 85% Overall

Special Ref – Stone Cold Steve Austin: Jerry “The King” Lawler def. Michael Cole. Swagger kept trying to interfere and took a Stunner for his troubles as Cole gets the shit beaten out of him for a few minutes before King finishes him off with a Piledriver. -*, 68% Overall. 82% Crowd Reaction but only 36% Match Quality (still better than I thought it would be).

WWE Title, Special Enforcer – The Rock: The Miz def. John Cena. After several nearfalls, Miz eventually tried to cheat, drawing the ire of The Rock. Rock landed some punches before hitting a Spinebuster and setting up for a People’s Elbow. Cena stopped him midway and shoved Rock, insisting he wants to go it alone. Rock hits Cena with a Rock Bottom as Miz crawls on top and retains the belt. *3/4, 84% Overall solely due to crowd reaction. These guys do not click at all.

Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool def. John Morrison, Kelly Kelly, and Trish Stratus. They say that WrestleMania is the best time of the year to make an impact. That’s exactly what happened as just when Trish appeared to have Michelle beat, a mammoth woman known throughout the world as Kong hits the ring and plants Trish with a sitout powerbomb as the referee was distracted. Michelle grabs the win for her team as Dolph and Vickie Guerrero are reinstated to SmackDown. 3/4*, 71% Overall

The Undertaker def. Triple H. For the 19th time in a row, Undertaker is victorious at WrestleMania. These two legends put on a clinic that captivated the audience in Atlanta and around the world. After more false finishes than you can count, Undertaker keeps the streak for another year following a massive Tombstone Piledriver. ****, 91% Overall

79% Overall Rating
1.58 Buy Rate
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote