Thread: Stargate: SG-1
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 01:53 PM   #1
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Stargate: SG-1

Definitely another one of the best series on TV.

I avoided watching it at first, because the original Stargate movie wasn't all that great. Kurt Russell really sucked in that movie, and shouldn't have been involved, PERIOD.

Anyways, my mistake. The series is really good, despite the original movie. The series Pilot, sometimes consider a move, "Children of the Gods," does pretty good at seguing between the movie and the series.

I love the whole "Stumbling blind" thing they have going. It took something like 70 years to figure out the Stargate itself, and suddenly, mankind is wandering about the stars. Walking with giants, so to speak, as almost every encountered race is more powerful than us, and we'vee managed to piss off a race that only hasn't stormed our planet (again) yet because they see us as too inferior to really lose sleep over.

Plus, it's got Richard Dean Anderson in it. Can't go wrong with that.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote