View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 10:48 AM   #4176
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
I still think it's much more enjoyable than WWE which for me is completely unwatchable and self degrading to spend time on. But AEW isn't perfect, there does seem to be some issues that definitely start at the top. From the beginning there were many questionable hires and pushes. But when it's hot it's hot. Thinking back, I can't name a perfect product. There have been times for AEW that were close to it for me though.
Agreed on all of this. For me, there have been meh episodes of Dynamite but I don't ever feel like it was a total time waste. And instances of multiple meh episodes in a row has been few and far between. The worst period for me was probably those 5-6 weeks they rushed to film in one weekend in QT Marshall's gym which started OK but got old fast, but in fairness it was a skeleton crew as that was right as COVID popped off in the US and basically everyone was home.

But the very real prospect of a great show is enough to keep me going, and even the so-so episodes usually have a banger of a match somewhere in there. I find way much more enjoyable about the product than not.

But nah not being 100% sold on everything AEW does = "cracks showing, people coming around on AEW"
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote