View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 10:14 AM   #4174
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I still think it's much more enjoyable than WWE which for me is completely unwatchable and self degrading to spend time on. But AEW isn't perfect, there does seem to be some issues that definitely start at the top. From the beginning there were many questionable hires and pushes. But when it's hot it's hot. Thinking back, I can't name a perfect product. There have been times for AEW that were close to it for me though. I think one of my biggest issues isn't AEW exclusive but an issue pervading contemporary Wrestling as a whole. The PWG influence. That style while awesome at times kind of rui s everything about working a classic match. It's the equivalent of dropping nuclear bombs constantly. The over use of strikes that should end a match or knock someone out, the poor use of those strikes that never connect at all. The logicless high flying tope's and the like that offensively make no sense at all. The over use of combo spots that leave no room for selling or storytelling beyond "GASP HOLY SHIT". It's amazing to go back to older shows and watch how a wrestler used to work holds and strikes in a way that had actual results.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote