View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 10:26 AM   #3046
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Superstars: August 9, 2040

Opening Match: Hugo vs. Jesse Capalbo
Man, did I forget about Hugo and his path of destruction or what? Might as well get that back on track here with a solid and decisive victory. Capalbo falls prey to Hugo's Moonsault Crush and gets pinned. ****1/2, 79% overall. Could the dud show be rearing it's ugly head again?!?

Backstage, Brooke prepares her troops, Carmella and Cordelia as they look to be in the picture for the Women's Tag Team Titles at SummerSlam. Carmella welcomes the help from Cordelia but insists that the bitch they call Frankie belongs to her.

Second Match: WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Competition Qualifier
The Jersey Experience vs. C4 vs. The Glamour Brigade
Oh, yeah, the dud show is out in full force. Well we can only plow forward, I guess. Speaking of things that should be plowed, Jamie Roderick is the MVP here once again as she leads her team to victory by getting a tap out win by slapping the Roderick Legacy on Arianna. The Jersey Experience qualifies! ****1/2, 81% overall.

In-Ring Talky Time as the ring is decorated to the nines with festive stuff. Ziggy Styles makes his way out in order to explain the situation. There is a very good reason to be celebratory and happy right now. Tonight marks the ONE WEEK ANNIVERSARY of Ziggy making his arrival in the WWE. That means that the WWE is one week happier! One week more joyful! One week full of Ziggy Juice! He's aware that it's been rough trying to turn the frowns on the rest of the locker room upside down but we shouldn't let that get in the way of tonight as we all reflect on the greatest and most memorable moments in the Week of Ziggy! Let's go to the screen! Ziggy proceeds to narrate a slideshow depicting his encounters with other roster members. "Obviously we have to start at the beginning. Here's last week when I made my debut and interrupted the sob story of Tania's. What a night that was! You all remember where you were and what you were doing on that night thanks to that moment. Oh, and here's my first appearance on SmackDown! getting face to face with professional choke artist Kerry Cemenko! He had to have left that arena with a smile on his face knowing he was lucky enough to meet me! And here we have Monday Night Raw getting Ziggy with it when I ran into Fantasee! Good times for sure but we can't rest on that. There is more of Ziggy that needs to spread all over everyone and I invite all of you to take it across your faces!"

Ozzy Mandias decides he's seen enough of this apparently as he makes his way out to interrupt things. Ozzy isn't one to throw stones in a glass house but come on. Ziggy needs a little more under his belt before breaking out the poppers and champagne and what have you. Ziggy cuts him off because he's glad that Ozzy is here to share in everyone's happiness tonight! Ozzy is down with making people feel good but he think he has a much better way of accomplishing that by pulling the plug on this nonsense. Ziggy claims to not understand Ozzy's aggression. There's no need for violence! Ziggy suggests that the two of them got off on the wrong foot and offers to break bread by sharing a glass of champagne right now. Ozzy seems hesitant but Ziggy hands him a glass and grabs the bottle to pop the cork...and it explodes and flies right into Ozzy's face! Ziggy is shocked as Ozzy reels in pain on the floor...then thanks everyone for coming to celebrate with him before taking his leave.

Third Match: Shawn Dangerson and Nigel Gallagher vs. The Millennium Rebels
DANGERSON VS. DANGERSON!!! WORLDS ARE COLLIDING!!! OK, not so much as the dud show continues its wrath. Still, they get through this well enough as Shawn's push continues and he locks Sammy Brady in the Danger Zone for the tap out win. ****1/2, 83% overall.

Fourth Match: WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Competition Qualifier
The Lonely Girls vs. Phoebe Hanson and Missy Brantley vs. The Perfections
Nathan Quinn announces Bonnie Beckham as his newest acquisition and Leah's partner tonight as the new team of The Perfections. Everything about their work defines perfection and Nathan is all about getting the best out of people who have been overlooked! Tough mountain to climb as Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle are evidently the female Mega Powers and have formed the Lonely Girls. Everyone does their damndest here to overcome the dud show and they succeed for the most part. It comes down to Leah and Jenna duking it out like the rivals they are. Leah sets up Jenna for the Sultry Splash but is way too cocky as she wastes time mouthing off. Faith springs in with a drop kick to Leah's back and Jenna small packages her for the pin. Jenna and Faith are the final team to qualify! ****1/2, 83% overall.

Backstage, Fantasee is proud of her girls and their win earlier tonight. Luscious strolls into the picture and gets in Fantasee's face about how she's the new hotness when it comes to managers. She's got quite a collection under her belt and it's only the beginning. Fantasee brings up her own stable of clients and is willing to stack them up against anyone Luscious wants to bring to the table. Luscious suggests Galino & Farnes face The British Infection tomorrow night on SmackDown!. Fantasee is down with that and hopes Luscious realizes what she's getting herself into.

Fifth Match: Jason Sorola vs. Marc Fury
How about some hot cruiserweight action after that hot exchange, huh? Now's as good as time as any, no? Sorola gets back on track here after an even back and forth and grabs the submission win with the STF. ****1/2, 83% overall.

We get a sit down interview with Kyle Jacobs who wants to address Xavier Cross. He doesn't feel completely OK with what he did to Cross last week when he returned but everyone in the WWE seems to feel like they have it the worst off and that everyone else needs to hear about it. Cross laid out the challenge so Jacobs answered the call. It's the first step towards back into the hunt for that Intercontinental Title.

Sixth Match: The Wolves of Wall Street vs. Caleb Greene and Stanley Coleman
Fuck, I need a name for Greene and Coleman if I'm going to keep slapping them together. Maybe they can ponder it over after this match. Well aside from Coleman falling prey to Hughes' shenanigans and getting pinned with Hughes using the ropes. ****1/2, 83% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Seth Von Kamp vs. Azazel
Seth dares Brandon Reigns to show his face while he takes care of business. The match proceeds and eventually the Intercontinental Champion makes his way out to observe with an unimpressed expression on his face. Seth sets up for the Collapse of Society but Reigns isn't having it and uses this opportunity to send a message by knocking out Seth for the DQ. He rubs the Intercontinental Title belt in the face of Seth as we go off the air. *****, 84% overall.

Overall show rating: 83% Eat shit, dud show.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote