Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 02:09 PM   #2671
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
Noid I don't think there is room for "another big Wrestling promotion" at this point. For a multitude of reasons. One reason is there is no shortage of Wrestling on TV, it's on almost every night. Also talent, they are all signed. There isn't a large pool of unsigned talent out there ready to carry a promotion to success.
Without anything major changing, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk and Ronda Rousey should all be free agents by May. You could also sign talent from ROH, MLW, the NWA, New Japan, MLW and AEW. They aren’t going to fight you too hard in contracts.

I don’t think the wrestling on TV has the awareness to get in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Eh, I also think WWE has been in the game so long that your casual fan isn't going to know what anything outside WWE is. That's the huge advantage they have, brand recognition.

Anything else, regardless of how big it ever gets, will always be seen as "2nd rate".
Unless it is significantly better and actually brands itself effectively as something else.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote