View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #1869
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Finishing up my Week 2:

Batwoman #1

SPOILER: show
I've been waiting for this one to come out for ages. It was supposed to start sometime last year, but they pushed it back so they could start it now. This is another one with pretty much no reboot. Continues directly from Batwoman's story in Detective Comics, and to someone who hasn't read it, I can see it being confusing. I really liked her stories though, and so am excited to see more. Greg Rucka isn't writing it anymore though.

Still, seems like it may maintain the high quality of the Detective Comics run. Same artist, who I like a lot.

Also, good to see Cameron Chase and the D.E.O. The D.E.O. is like ten times more interesting to me than S.H.A.D.E. has ever been.

Demon Knights #1

I was doubtful of the idea of Etrigan The Demon having another series. Never been a fan of him as anything more than a supporting character in various stories. They seem to have changed him though. Seems like he almost has some sort of sense of humor now. Also, he does not rhyme all the time.

Joining him seems to be Madame Xanadu, whose personality also seems less "serious".

Series seems to follow their adventures after the fall of Camelot in "The Dark Ages".

There is a lot in this book, to bring me back to it.

The only thing that I really HATE and DETEST is their inclusion of the Grant Morrison version of The Shining Knight. WHO I HATE AND DETEST. The original Shining Knight was an Awesome character and totally did not need to be Grant Morrison-ized at all. Of course, Grant Morrison is not writing this series, so perhaps this new Shining Knight can win me over. It is an uphill battle though, seeing how much I loved the original. Perhaps the original will be on Earth-2.

Mister Terrific #1

I enjoyed it. Mister Terrific's personality seems to be a bit "looser", and the science and technology he works with has been souped up to the max. I kinda miss his jacket, but his new costume ain't bad.

Karen Starr (AKA Power Girl) is in this book as well. Unclear if she has powers or not in this new universe. No idea how they could justify her powers/origins in the New Universe, so she might not have any.
Lock Jaw is online now   Reply With Quote