View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #1948
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
JULY 1, 2004 - SMACKDOWN!

With just 24 days to go until Vengeance and King of the Ring just barely in our rearview mirror, SmackDown! is undergoing some changes. Tonight, Eddie Guerrero - who won a #1 contender match against Brock Lesnar at KoR - cashes in his title shot against WWE Champion Matt Hardy Version 2.0 tonight! Plus, a trio of triple-threat matches showcasing the cruiserweight division. The winners of those matches will face off next week in a fourth triple-threat to determine a shot at Rey Mysterio's Cruiserweight Title at Vengeance!

The night kicks off with the debut of a new WWE Superstar, Generalin Intikami, a high-flier from the UK. His opponent tonight is Funaki. These two men - both looking to get noticed - put on a barn-burner of an opener. In the end, Intikami makes his debut an auspicious one by knocking Funaki out with a foreign object as Funaki attempted a powerbomb. After the match, Randy Orton (?!?) hits the ring with a steel chair. He lays out both men and stands over them as the opening video plays.

Back inside the ring, Orton stands alone in the ring with a microphone and the steel chair he used to lay out Funaki and Intikami. "I know what you're thinking. Randy Orton's a RAW Superstar. What is he doing on SmackDown! Fact of the matter is, I'm a man without a country. Because you see, there was a clause in our contracts that no one before me has exploited. When WWE held the draft in March, anyone not involved in the draft matches became a free agent. And since I've been out for eight months, there was no way I could compete. And now, not only am I a free agent, I'm the free agent. The game changer. Mister McMahon, Mister Bischoff... let the bidding begin!"

The triple threat series begins with a match pitting Billy Kidman against Rico and Ultimo Dragon! Kidman almost picks up the win over Rico with a running senton. Dragon almost pins Kidman with a tiger suplex. In the end, though, Rico puts Kidman away with his spinning kick to advance to next week's #1 contender match.

Backstage, The Hurricane is preparing for his triple threat, but he's joined by The Blueprint and Aaron Stevens who helped Hurricane and Blueprint last week.

Hurricane - Citizen Aaron, on behalf of The Blueprint, I'd like to thank you for your assistance last week. We would also like to invite you to join our organization - the Superfriends!

Stevens - I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure the whole superhero things is for me.

Blueprint - See, I thought the same thing. But all I needed to do was change my name. Hurricane said I didn't need to wear a mask or run around making "whoosh" sound effects.

Stevens - But I like my name.

Hurricane - Think how much more fear you could strike in the fear of evildoers if you called yourself "The Idol!"

Stevens - But I like my name.

Hurricane - But no superheroes go by their real name!

Blueprint - What about Jean Grey?

Hurricane - Doesn't count. She's a girl.

Stevens - What does that have to do with anything? Besides, Nick Fury uses his real name!

Hurricane - He's not really a superhero, though.

Stevens - What about Doctor Strange?

Hurricane - ...well played.

Tag team action is next as the struggling former champions the Dudley Boyz take on Teddy Long's Playas' Club. The Dudleyz work over Nowinski early until Henry gets the hot tag and overpowers D-Von with a piledriver and a powerslam. D-Von fires off a clothesline from nowhere which leads to a double tag and the Dudleyz catch Nowinski with the 3-D for the win!

Triple threat number two is up next as Chavo Guerrero takes on Jeff Hardy and Tajiri! These three men top our earlier contest with a remarkable match that features a ton of high spots. In the end, Tajiri catches Chavo with the Kick of Death to pick up the win while Hardy recuperates from a massive kick to the face of his own. Tajiri joins Rico in next week's contender's match, as well as whoever wins our third and final triple threat.

Brock Lesnar comes to the ring. He cuts a promo about how Eddie Guerrero got lucky at King of the Ring to earn his title shot tonight. And there is nothing that means more to Lesnar than the WWE Title. So Lesnar challenges Eddie for a rematch at Vengeance. And Eddie had better hope that the match is for the title. Because Brock wants that belt back, but if Eddie fails to win the gold tonight, he's only going to piss Lesnar off. And he wouldn't like him when he's angry. Paul Heyman (who's filling in on commentary tonight) hypes the hell out of the Lesnar/Guerrero match.

Now it's time to fill that third spot in next week's match. It's The Hurricane versus the former champion Christian and red-hot up-and-comer Paul London! London almost pulls off the upset almost pinning Christian with a running senton. In a spot copied from our first match, Hurricane nearly pins London with a tiger suplex. In the end, though, Christian finishes London off with an Unprettier to advance to next week's triple threat against Rico and Tajiri!

Up next is a huge six-man tag match featuring four of SmackDown!'s reigning champions! Intercontinental Champion "Nature Boy" Dave Batista teams with the World Tag Team Champions the Metro Connection to take on John Cena, The Rock, and the Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio! The crowd is very hot for this match that features the three babyfaces getting in all their normal spots, and the heels more than holding their own. Gunn and Kanyon are really starting to look like they've found the angle that's going to make them stars. In the end, though, Cena plants Kanyon with the F-U for the win.

And now for tonight's main event. Matt Hardy Version 2.0 defends the WWE Title against Eddie Guerrero! The match itself is actually a little disappointing, but the crowd is way into it. In the end, Matt slides out of an Eddie bodyslam attempt and catches him with the Twist of Fate for the win. After the match, a down-and-out Eddie gets assaulted by Brock Lesnar, who lays him out with the F-5! Eddie failed to win the title tonight, and it seems to have only made Lesnar's hatred for Guerrero stronger!

Vince McMahon appears on the TitanTron as officials help Eddie Guerrero to the back. He makes the Guerrero/Lesnar match official, but he also has another announcement. Since it now appears we're short a #1 contender for the WWE Title at Vengeance, he's going to make an executive decision. In just under four weeks, Matt Hardy Version 2.0 is going to defend the WWE Title in a fatal fourway against his brother Jeff and the two men the Hardyz have had in their crosshairs for weeks - John Cena and The Rock! What a main event!
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote