View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #2971
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Raw: June 25, 2040

It's the night after Night of Champions and we begin the march to King of the Ring! This year will be a 32-man tournament and the invitations are being sent out tonight. Who will win the crown this year and go on to SummerSlam to compete for the Unified World Title in the main event?

We open with a very special edition of the Hot Ticket with everyone's favorite host, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, The Undefeated Steel Cage Master Former Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody. Hotbody declares that he is 3-0 against Jordan Demiras in big match situations and that right there should be enough for their business to be over and done. If nobody wants to use that as a measure well then just take a look at Jordan's current status after what happened to him last night! It'll be a long time before Demiras is ready to come back and even then he might just have to think twice about ever considering stepping into the ring with Hotbody. Just to make it clear as to who is at fault, Lisa Benton was warned time and time again that there was no need to go through with a cage match so what happened to Jordan Demiras IS ALL HER FAULT!!! Hotbody hopes that she can sleep at night with that knowledge. Enough about those two, though, this is also about a very special someone and that is Zed Jones, who had a last minute change of heart last night and was present to correct certain injustices THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT PART OF A PLAN OR RUSE!!! It's important that's emphasized. Zed deserves more than just a thank you so Hotbody has taken it upon himself to pull some strings and get Zed a suitable reward. "Here you go, man. I want you to have my King of the Ring invitation. You earned this and you deserve a chance to get at the same level of success as me!"

The music of Martyn LaSalle interrupts the lovefest and the number one contender to the Cruiserweight Title comes out on the stage. "Hotbody, I'd call you an idiot for handing over such a key to immortality as a chance to become King of the Ring but in a way I understand it. You're obviously going to be using the extra time you'll be having to focus on your next challenge to your championship...which is me. Now, that's down the road, granted but unlike you, I can multitask. See, I have an invitation for the King of the Ring tournament, too, and what better way to cap off the summer than to win the tournament, beat you for the Cruiserweight Title, and then headline SummerSlam and win the Unified World Title? It'd be history but like I said, I'm sure you're going to be laser focused on preparing for me and not occupying yourself with dance parties and press conferences, because that'd be pretty embarrassing if you're not."

"Hey! I don't need to listen to this! I especially don't need to hear it from some sap who doesn't even know the meaning of true friendship. This is all about the true friendship that I value with Zed Jones but that's lost on someone like you. I mean, the last friend you had beat you to a pulp and went on to challenge for the World Title and never looked back! I'm always ready and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to embarrass you!"

"Well, that's good to hear. I mean I was worried I was going to be facing the sniveling little whiny bitch who cried over a broken record but now that I know that you're taking this seriously I look forward to no excuses coming out of your mouth to try to get out of this. Even more importantly I look forward to becoming champion one more time. Cheers!" And with that LaSalle takes his leave as Hotbody is left annoyed.

Backstage, Nathan Quinn is with Leah and they're irate with Jenna Kyle. Leah wants to know if Jenna thinks she's better than her just because she doesn't feel like she needs to join up with Nathan Quinn. Jenna will learn the hard way that her decisions have consequences.

First Match: Ozzy Mandias vs. Romeo Valiente
Lisa Benton sweetens the pot by offering the winner an invitation to the King of the Ring tournament. This is essentially a feud ender and they give it their all. Ozzy is the young up-and-comer and Valiente's shelf life is running short so the outcome shouldn't be in doubt. Indeed, Ozzy nails the Blizzard of Oz and picks up the pin. *****, 95% overall.

In-Ring Super Special Talky Time with the Royal Effect, Moses McKay and King Kavovit. They talk about what they did last night in costing the Play Pals the Unified Tag Team Titles. The Royal Effect should have been the ones with the title shot at Night of Champions. They're the new hip thing in the tag team division. The Play Pals are yesterday's news and had no business getting that title shot. How messed up is it that the Royal Effect, the hottest thing going on right now, had to take a backseat to a pair of man-children hopped up on video games and geekery? If anyone has a problem with that, they'll have no problem proving themselves right by putting an end to the Play Pals!

Naturally this brings out the duo of Gavin Jones and Michael Haywood to try to get some measure of payback. The Royal Effect have other ideas though and decide to pack it in and bail.

Second Match: The Dillingers vs. The Young Bloods
Nothing wrong with tossing in an awesome tag team match in the middle of all the drama. The Dillingers get the nod here after Joey hits Sully Lane with the Dillinger Escape Plan off the top for the pin. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Backstage, WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns wants to brag about retaining his title. Jacobs was an idiot for bringing his family to Night of Champions, thinking it was going to be some big moment of triumph. All it did was screw him over. Really, though, family or no family, Jacobs was going to be in for some major disappointment either way. The interview is interrupted when a stagehand comes in and hands Reigns an envelope.

"What's this?" Reigns asks.

"It's your King of the Ring invitation."

"It's my King of the Ring invitation, SIR! Look, never mind." Reigns hands the envelope back. "I'm guessing you and Lisa Benton didn't pay attention when I announced my plans for my Money in the Bank contract. I already have a guaranteed title shot right here. I don't need to overextend myself unnecessarily. I'm taking the Unified World Title at WrestleMania. So take that invitation back to Benton and she can have the peons fight over it." With that, Reigns takes his leave.

Third Match: Conner Buchanan vs. Doug Michaels
Buchanan's manager, Paul Andrews is on commentary boasting about what he's been doing to help get Buchanan back on track. Nothing major here other than a menas to make Buchanan look good as I have plans for him. Buchanan gets the pin after a pretty even match. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Fourth Match: WWE Women's Champion Naomi Bailey vs. Frankie
Naomi rubs it in the faces of the crowd that she's the new champion just like she said she was going to do! Braddock's cockiness got the better of her and she underestimated Naomi's resolve! No one had better make that same mistake again for their own sake! Anyways, the match is designed to put Naomi over as an arrogant monster. She still cheats to win just to be a bitch. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Backstage, Noah Carmichael wants to rip into Butch Fleming. Fleming has the luck of fools on his side because otherwise you'd be looking at the new Unified World Champion. Quentin McDaniels walks into the picture and takes offense to this. Carmichael claims that he had McDaniels dead to rights last night. McDaniels counters that there's no way Carmichael could pull another miracle out of his ass in another one on one scenario. Lisa Benton comes in to cool things down and hands them both an invitation to the King of the Ring. She tells them to pick themselves up and shake off the dust because they're going to have their hands full.

Fifth Match: Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle vs. Billie Padgett and Emma Edwards
The Brooklyn Sisterhood reunite to try their hands at the faces. I'm still working on a name for Jenna and Faith. Anyways, it's a David vs. Goliath situation as the heels are just powerhouses. Hannah McCormick tries to insert herself into the picture but that backfires as Padgett collides with her off an Irish whip. Connors hits the Mirror's Edge to score the pin. *****, 96% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Kerry Cemenko vs. Orlando Kincaid
Cemenko is looking to BUILD MOMENTUM as he is the new number one contender to the Unified World Title. Butch Fleming comes down to observe his latest challenger. The end comes when Cemenko sets up for the Curb Stomp but Fleming 'accidentally' trips him up coming off the ropes. That's enough for a DQ and Fleming hops into the ring looking to get himself a piece. Alexander Piero runs down to take care of Kincaid in an attempt to keep things even but the rookie is in over his head and he, too, falls victim. We go off the air with Fleming standing tall raising his belts over his head. *****, 95% overall.

Overall show rating: 90%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote