View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 01:32 PM   #1491
El Vaquero de Infierno
Sisukas Mies

El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Roxy Music - Avalon 9/10

This record is tasty. The first sophisti-pop album and there is not a bum track on it. It is a mellow record, which is propelled by some great bass work (and I don't usually pay much attention to the bass when listening to music).

Bryan Ferry - Boys and Girls 8.5/10

It is essentially a continuation of Avalon. The latter is stronger, but this record holds its own.

The Broadside Band - English Country Dances from Playford's Dancing Master 1651-1703 7.5/10

If you want an album of C17th English dance tunes, grab yourself a copy of this record.

Paul McCartney and Wings - Band on the Run 8.5/10

It took me a couple of run throughs before the record clicked with me, but once it did, the album quickly became a regular on my listening rotation. It would have probably been my album of the month if it hadn't been for Avalon.

Tiamat - Wildhoney 6.5/10

I'm going to be honest: I've barely listened to this record since I bought it a month ago. Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry and McCartney have been occupying my music attention. It has some decent tracks, but on the whole, it doesn't really grab me, even though it is not a bad album.

Kathryn Tickell and the Darkening - Cloud Horizons 7.5/10

It is folky but also a bit rocky as well, though personally, I find the drumming to be rather uninspiring, which drags the rockier sections down. However, if you like Northumbrian bagpipes, and accordions, you might dig this record.

Fleetwood Mac - Mirage 7.5/10

Gypsy is the highlight of the album, but the rest of the record is also solid. It is no Rumours, however.
El Vaquero de Infierno is offline   Reply With Quote