View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #2870
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
SmackDown!: May 25, 2040

It's the go home show for Judgment Day. I usually tend to keep it easy as far as matches and building up heat for the PPV goes.

Opening Match: The Wyldhearts vs. The Young Bloods
I'm going to need to blow-off the feud the Wyldhearts have with the Agents of Change so that I can start getting them ready to be title contenders. Anyways, a strong opener here where the faces take advantage of Stephen Q. Sterling screwing up some interference that allows Blaine Bellamey to score a pin on Sully Lane.****1/2, 93% overall

We get a video package that showcases the four women that will be competing in the Queen of Queens match this Sunday. It's done individually and in chronological order when each of them won the Queen of the Ring tournament starting from Faith's underdog victory in the first during her rookie year, to Jenna's back-to-back victories in consecutive years, to Hannah's surprising wins over the previous winners on her path to the crown, and finally to Naomi's crushing and dominating force in the recent tournament. It all comes down to who is going to want it the most this Sunday.

Second Match: DJ Stokes vs. Miles Shawcross
OK, I know this is a case of me using someone who is supposed to be on the chopping block but the problem with continuing the game on 4.2 is that the contract situation for the workers is completely different. That being said I can't do my usual trick, at least not yet, of renegotiating a contract of a worker I want to fire so that I sign them to the max amount and then firing them so that no other promotion is capable of hiring them. So unfortunately some of these guys are going to have to stick around for a bit. They still have their uses though as Stokes does the job for Shawcross here. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Third Match: Zed Jones and WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody vs. Haven and WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras
Not so much a match as an outpouring of raw emotions here as Demiras is still pissed over Hotbody's disgusting comments from last night concerning Demiras and Lisa Benton. It's quite the brawl that ends when Demiras just loses his shit on Zed Jones and gets DQ'ed. The chaos continues as we go to break. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Jake Connelly gives us a promo to talk about his match with Brandon Reigns at Judgment Day. Reigns isn't here tonight but Connelly knows the reason why. It's not out of fear. Reigns is using this time to really reflect. Whether he wants to admit it or not, Reigns will be going up against the biggest name he's ever faced in his career. It's a career that Reigns is reviewing right now, either in his mind or watching it on a screen. A career like that can not, WILL NOT, be ended by someone who has no respect for it. Reign needs to prepare to have even more of Connelly's career to reflect upon when Connelly wins the Intercontinental Championship.

Fourth Match: C.J. and Arianna vs. Lauren Franklyn and Sarah Moore
You know, seeing this makes me think that there's credence to that whole 'women's tag division' idea. The faces get the win here after a pretty even bout that ends with Arianna and C.J. fucking up a double team. ****1/2, 91% overall

Fifth Match: The British Infection vs. The Millennium Rebels
Jesus, these guys all have chemistry. The heels get the win over the Brits when Jerome McDougal smacks Exley with a chair behind the ref's back. Nigel Gallagher comes down to help chase everyone off. *****, 94% overall.

Butch Fleming comes out to rag on Noah Carmichael. For a whole year, he's been thinking about what's going to go down on Sunday. He wants to be clear, however; it wouldn't have mattered who was champion when Fleming made his return at Backlash. They would have suffered his wrath no matter what. It just happened to be sweet cosmic justice that he returned to see the two people he hates the most duking it out over a prize neither of them deserve. This Sunday was meant to be and there isn't a damn thing Carmichael can do about it.

With that, Carmichael's music plays and he comes out looking he's going to try to do something about it but Fleming must be busy because he takes the back door and takes his leave.

Speaking of people who want to talk championships, Sonya Braddock is backstage eager to rip on Vivian Merrick. Merrick deserves praise for stepping up but she'd better make the most of this shot. Boasts can only take you so far.

Sixth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. King Kavovit
God, I need to change that name and repackage him or something. Anyway, this is a showcase for Jacobs as he heads into Judgment Day against Salvatore Scabbia. King can't quite make the count back into the ring giving the win to Jacobs but Scabbia himself comes down to rain on the parade by attacking Jacobs and locking in the Omerta until he passes out. ****1/2, 93% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Kerry Cemenko, Martyn LaSalle, Ozzy Mandias, The Play Pals vs. Xavier Cross, Jason Sorola, Romeo Valiente, and the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Future Foundation
OVERBOOKED CROWDED MAIN EVENTS REEK OF AWESOMENESSITY! I love how spell check doesn't call me out on 'awesomenessity'...well, capitalized at least. The faces get the win here after a hot affair when Ozzy pins Valiente after the Blizzard of Oz. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Overall show rating: 90%

See you at Judgment Day!
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote