Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 06:11 PM   #2689
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
WWE came out of the gate using Raw and Smackdown to promote NXT, putting NXT titles on main roster stars and included them in a brand war on the main roster and ultimately put NXT OVER Raw and Smackdown in the brand war. AEW had YouTube and the indies. Who exactly had the advantage of a built-in audience?
Sure. I wish we had the WWE Network numbers, because I’m willing to bet quite a few AEW fans watch NXT on there the next day. But no, 700k for NXT isn’t impressive either.

WWE’s promotion of NXT has been very quiet. I’ve seen that lobbed as a criticism of them, but it’s obviously intentional. This is why BigCrippyZ calls me a cocksucker. But if the WWE wanted NXT to be bigger, they would make it bigger. Daniel Bryan would be wrestling on there. They’d probably have sent AJ Styles. You’d have Rey Mysterio vs. Ricochet. It isn’t hard to do any of those things. But NXT is just there to niche AEW and reaffirm the main shows’ value to networks. And it’s succeeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
NXT is PG and a globally recognized brand and AEW is super-niche, not PG and doesn’t have anywhere near the product awareness of NXT.

NXT should be crushing them in the ratings based on those facts alone.
I’d agree with that. It is the third show WWE produces in a week, obviously less of a priority than Raw or SmackDown. 700k for a primary show is worse than 700k for an auxiliary show.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote