Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #59
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post

I'm not talking about how the ratings industry works, I understand how it works.

I'm talking about how the auditing and valuation of IP works when it comes to negotiating rights deals, which you clearly know nothing about.

I guarantee you that USA or any other potential network that might want WWE's TV rights, whether it's cable, broadcast, doesn't matter... when determining valuation of WWE's TV rights deal (what they should pay WWE) they will look and compare WWE's ratings with more than just other shows/networks in whichever format (whether they're broadcast, cable, etc.) they compete with. They will absolutely compare WWE's ratings with ALL networks, whether broadcast, cable, whatever. Not only will USA or any other network that offers for WWE's TV rights, require WWE to submit their own audit and expect to see WWE's ratings in comparison with ALL networks in WWE's own audit that they will submit, but they will also require WWE to consent and allow the network to perform their own audit (either internally and/or with an outside independent auditor) that will include a comparison in WWE's ratings with ALL networks. Without those comparisons, you won't get a true and accurate valuation of WWE's television rights.

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that has been and will continue to be the case in the future, not just for WWE, but for any rights deals for any television shows.
You're making it sound more complicated than it is, and you buried the lead, which is ratings are measured cable vs cable and Network vs Network. You made the comment that WWE was lol because they didn't include Network numbers in their chart. But that's how ratings are compared in the industry. It seems like after reading my post and getting educated, you realized your error and went on a rant about irrelevant information.

I also find it funny that you seem to think WWE owns their TV rating information, when in reality is owned by a third party, and anyone with access to the Internet can find the data you were taking about. Pretty interesting insight from an insider though.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote