View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 11:00 PM   #19327
Damian Rey

Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
Enlighten me on his point

He said Owens got screwed by going 1-2 against Cena

How did Austin do going 0-2 vs Bret?

You know the difference? Austin > Owens. Not Vince is a terrible booker.

Typical of today's society, look to blame someone other than the dude in the mirror.
I think you're illiterate.

Quote:
Except Kevin Owens' debut match saw him cleanly and convincingly defeat the top face in the industry. And therein lies the issues. They give the guy a rub of a lifetime, then bury him in consecutive losses, and now he's going after a different title in an afterthought match.
Where's the part where I said he was screwed? Austin isn't even remotely comparable. He lost to a roll up in a way that still protected him. He then wasn't subsequently fed to Bret in convincingly losing efforts. He lost a match that again protected him in a loss and ultimately made him due to not giving up and the match being called.

Owens, just like Rusev, lost consecutive matches in a manner that didn't protect them or elevate them, and were shortly bumped down the card into meaningless feuds that have only further diminished any momentum they gained after initially defeating Cena in their first encounter.

Imagine had Austin lost to Bret the first time, then again the following month, them getss bumped down the card and is no longer a featured player, instead feuding for the not so coveted European title.

How you could even remotely think Austin is comparable to any of the current young guys who've been stunted by awful booking decisions is beyond me.
Damian Rey is offline   Reply With Quote