View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #3282
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchables View Post
arrow finale was good. they may have tried to wrap up too much too quickly in the space of one episode, though. just felt very intense the whole time. i really enjoyed it, but a couple of times i was like 'jesus, are they gonna slow down at any point?'

oh, well, i guess they did - lot of "there's no time for this but let's make out while we're racing to stop a disaster" moments, which irked me a bit. but generally, i must say, it's done a great job of picking up from being okay at the outset to actually being a show that i'm excited to see each week.

also,
SPOILER: show
did not expect them to kill tommy. genuinely thought he would survive and do the harry osborn thing of replacing his father as arch-enemy but then they started reconciling and everything and then boom, impaled. i DID think they were going to off detective lance, though, which would have made room for the mum to come back, i guess.

also, can't tell which of thea or roy is supposed to be speedy/arsenal/THE SIDEKICK. like obviously roy is gearing up to be a sidekick guy but (and really it's the only thing in her favour) ollie did call thea "speedy" early on. unless roy just becomes arsenal straight up.

really glad they did not kill diggle.
I rather have the fast pace cramming than a teased resolution that never gets resolved because someone up the food chain decides to axe the show (or anything extraneous like the writers strike happens and derails everything like in shows like Heroes and Life). Plus, it was a nice thrill ride that made up for the couple lull/filler episodes.

Yeah, they did have a few aggrivating "drama" moments throughout the series, such as Thea arguing with Roy about "not having time" after the "redundancy" kicked in, but in the time it took her to argue the point, dramatically kiss, and leave, they BOTH could have saved that bus full of people and all went on their merry. I get they have to have their requisite ammount of CW-ing, but still...

SPOILER: show
didn't expect that ether. There was all that angst they were building between he and Ollie, and after conveniently happening by while Laurel and Ollie were screwing in the window, I kind of expected him to somehow get on board with his dad's plan and become Ollie's foil, then he sees exactly the bastard his dad is, rescues Laurel, and OH HEY IMPALED! Fuel for Ollie to be more tortured and Batman-esque... wait a second, did Ollie stab himself through the *heart* to kill Malcom Merlyn?
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote