View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 02:30 PM   #3047
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
SmackDown!: August 3, 2040

We open with Lisa Benton in the ring with a pedestal that's covered with a cloth. Whatever could be underneath??? She talks about how the upcoming SummerSlam could be one of the biggest and memorable in the history of the WWE and just think of the ground that covers. No matter which show you may recognize as one of the greatest the common ground that those events share is that history was made one way or another and underneath this cover will help make even more history at SummerSlam. Lisa goes on to talk about the depth of the women's division and how they've managed to step up this year to take it to levels even higher than it was before and there's no reason that can't continue especially with what's going to be at stake at SummerSlam. With that, she pulls off the cover and reveals what she is calling the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship. Ooh, those belts look shiny. They'll look even better on the women who deserve them. Benton encourages the women in the back to start buddying up because starting on Raw there will be 4 different triple threat tag team matches to determine who will qualify for a mini-tournament where the final two tag teams will square off at SummerSlam and make history to see will be crowned the first ever Women's Tag Team Champions. She invites the crowd to enjoy the show tonight especially the main event which will see WWE Unified World Champion Butch Fleming and Xavier Cross face Noah Carmichael and Kyle Jacobs!
Quote:
First Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns vs. DJ Stokes
See DJ. See the Intercontinental Champion. See the unemployment line, DJ. See DJ job. Job DJ, job. Seth Von Kamp runs down afterwards still pissed at Reigns and runs the champion off. ****1/2, 92% overall.
DJ Stokes probably shouldn't go to the unemployment line if he's so amazing at selling a squash that it earns ****1/2! Time for him to do a reverse Goldberg.

Quote:
Second Match: The Luscious Lover and Undefeated Steel Cage Master and REAL 2040 King of the Ring, Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion Michael Hotbody and Zed Jones vs. Caleb Greene and Stanley Coleman
Hotbody lets us know that once again he's being forced to go down any and all legal avenues to overturn the decision Lisa Benton made last night to give Martyn LaSalle yet another shot at his Cruiserweight Title. Lisa claims that she believed Luscious' act and that's why she did it but hasn't she ever heard of the Just Kidding Precedent?!? It's a total outrage but Hotbody assures us that he's got his top guys working on it! Anyways, the match is good shit all around. Things get chaotic towards the end and this causes Luscious to wave to the back evidently signaling for someone to come down. Indeed, Galino & Farnes run down to take advantage of the chaos and level Stanley Coleman with the Cross Examination. That allows Hotbody to sneak in and get the pin for the victory. Luscious afterwards demands that we all welcome the new legal counsel under her watch. ****1/2, 90% overall.
The name just gets longer and longer and longer! I love it. Pretty soon his ring intro will need to take an entire segment onto itself. And now Galino and Farnes actually coming in as his legal team, that's gonna make for a nice little stable of assholes.

Quote:
MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Champion Butch Fleming and Xavier Cross vs. Noah Carmichael and Kyle Jacobs
Did I seriously only do four matches for this show? I guess I could say I gave the women's match a shit ton of time. This match, too, seeing as it's the main event and all. Fleming commends Carmichael on the balls it takes to demand their match be Hell in a Cell at SummerSlam. He's thinking about it but doesn't have an answer just yet. Cross is upset at getting disrespected by a punk like Jacobs. He'll be generous and take care of Jacobs right here, right now. Sadly, Cross is no psychic as he and Fleming have some communication issues and that allows Jacobs to hit a surprise Legacy Bomb on Cross for the pin. *****, 95% overall.
Only four matches is a surprise but I don't think it's a bad thing given your roster. I feel like I routinely am putting 6 matches on Dynamite even though there are normally only 5 in real life, there aren't a whole lot of squashes to be seen. Nothing wrong with less matches and more time per match. Weird to look back and think that there were regularly 9 or 10 matches on a 2 hour Raw in the Attitude Era, matches were rarely longer than 3 minutes and nobody seemed to notice.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote