View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #1266
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
WWE has officially begun teasing an appearance by The Undertaker for tomorrow's Super ShowDown event.

WWE posted a picture of The Undertaker in Saudi Arabia on Twitter today and wrote "What is The #Undertaker doing in Saudi Arabia ahead of #WWESSD?! (cc: @Enjoy_Saudi)." They also posted an article on WWE.com hyping that Undertaker is in the country ...

Dave Meltzer had confirmed earlier this week that The Undertaker had traveled with WWE to Saudi Arabia.

Though the match has yet to be officially announced, The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles is planned for WrestleMania 36.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
AEW released this week's roster rankings this morning. Jon Moxley, Kris Statlander, and The Young Bucks top their respective division's rankings ahead of their title matches at Revolution. The PPV is taking place at Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois this Saturday ...

The full rankings for this week are listed below:

Men's division --

Champion: Chris Jericho (0-0 singles record in 2020, 10-1-1 overall record)
  • Jon Moxley (6-0 singles record in 2020, 11-1-1 overall record)
  • Cody Rhodes (3-0 singles record in 2020, 10-3-1 overall record)
  • PAC (1-1 singles record in 2020, 6-5-1 overall record)
  • Kenny Omega (0-0 singles record in 2020, 15-6 overall record)
  • MJF (2-0 singles record in 2020, 6-1 overall record)

Women's division --

Champion: Nyla Rose (3-1 singles record in 2020, 7-4 overall record)
  • Kris Statlander (2-1 singles record in 2020, 6-3 overall record)
  • Riho (3-1 singles record in 2020, 11-3 overall record)
  • Hikaru Shida (2-1 singles record in 2020, 7-4 overall record)
  • Yuka Sakazaki (1-0 singles record in 2020, 1-2 overall record)
  • Britt Baker (1-2 singles record in 2020, 8-6 overall record)

Tag team division --

Champions: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (5-0 tag team record in 2020, 15-6 overall record for Omega, 11-8 overall record for Page)
  • The Young Bucks (2-1 tag team record in 2020, 12-8 overall record for Nick Jackson, 12-7 overall record for Matt Jackson)
  • SCU (2-2 tag team record in 2020, 15-6 overall record for Scorpio Sky, 14-5 overall record for Frankie Kazarian
  • The Dark Order (3-0 tag team record in 2020, 7-2 overall record for Evil Uno, 7-2 overall record for Stu Grayson)
  • Santana & Ortiz (0-1 tag team record in 2020, 7-5 overall record for Santana, 7-5 overall record for Ortiz)
  • Best Friends (2-2 tag team record in 2020, 8-12 overall record for Trent Barreta, 7-9 overall record for Chuck Taylor)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
During today’s edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer commented on the Rusev and WWE Super ShowDown situation. According to Meltzer, the story going on within WWE is that Rusev has an “injury.” However, Meltzer claims that Rusev “backed out of the show, essentially.”

As noted below, last night’s Raw still featured a graphic for the match with Rusev in it, despite Rusev already being out of the match and Rey Mysterio now taking his place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Major League Wrestling execs were at the CBS/Viacom HQ in New York City yesterday for meetings on a potential TV and streaming rights deal, PWInsider.com has confirmed. We don't have any additional information at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
FITE.TV issued the following:

FITE to Offer AEW Revolution via live PPV Internationally, Outside the USA, On Saturday, Feb. 29th, 2020

WHAT: FITE will offer the PPV event AEW Revolution live from Chicago for $19.99

FITE offers live HD PPV events online, and to all mobile, OTT and IT-connected devices. FITE has DVR, live chat, reminders, voting, countdown clock and replays!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
While WWE Hall of Famers Hulk Hogan and Jimmy Hart were slated to make the trip to Saudi Arabia for the WWE Super Showdown PPV, we have not confirmed they are there with the rest of the crew.

Lana is in Saudi Arabia, so she may be accompanying Bobby Lashley to ringside. Zelina Vega is not there so she would obviously not be with Andrade or Angel Garza.

As we noted last night, The Undertaker has been seen in Saudi Arabia as well.

We are told that WWE used the same charter airline company for travel to Saudi Arabia this week as the last trip.

The temperature in Riyadh is supposed to top out at 79 degrees tomorrow, dropping into the high 60s by the time the show gets underway, so it should not be a factor the way it was for the last show headlined by Undertaker vs. Bill Goldberg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
DDT Pro-Wrestling and Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling have cancelled multiple events in the coming days/weeks due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Tokyo Joshi Pro, which is the sister company to DDT will be doing empty arena shows along with DDT that will be streamed.
Depending on how long this outbreak lasts, there has even been recent talks of this year's Olympics in Tokyo being cancelled. IOC recently stated they have around a 3 month window to make an official announcement.

Quote:
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) did an interview with Comicbook.com and they talked about Marty Scurll deciding to stay with Ring of Honor instead of joining All Elite Wrestling. Nick Jackson said that he and Matt got the hint a few months prior that Marty was staying with ROH. Regardless, they are happy for him and Ring of Honor.

Nick Jackson: “We were kind of feeling him out for a while now and he always was very vague with us, anytime we would bring up storylines and stuff. So, we pretty much got the hint three months ago or so, and we realized, ‘Okay, he’s staying put.’ Good for him though, and that he knows how we feel, it’s a business. Yeah, it would’ve been great to have him with us because we’re good friends, but he got a great deal out of it and he seems to be very happy. He’s definitely going to try to paint his path on his own and more respect to him for doing that. We’re all cool though.”

Matt Jackson: “I feel the same way. Marty got a great offer and I think he wanted it to be more than just a wrestler and he got an opportunity to do that, and Marty is a clever guy and he’s very talented. I love him and I hope nothing but the best for him, and I hope he can make the place he’s working a better place. I want wrestling everywhere to succeed because as long as the boys are being taken care of and there’s more opportunities for the boys and girls to wrestle and make money, support their families, then great because the wrestling world needs Ring of Honor to do well, and I think Marty, if you can pinpoint any person right now that can help them, it’s him. Good on them, and I’m happy for Marty.”
Quote:
Bar Wrestling announced that Kris Statlander has come down with the flu and will not be able to compete at their show on February 27th. Statlander is slated to challenge Nyla Rose for the AEW Women’s World Championship at Revolution on the 29th.
Quote:
On the latest edition of Arn Anderson’s podcast, he and Conrad Thompson reviewed the 2018 Elimination Chamber pay-per-view ...

The main event of Elimination Chamber 2018 was the men’s Chamber match featuring Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman, The Miz, Elias and John Cena. Arn discussed Braun Strowman’s ups and downs career-wise and questions why would WWE built him up to be a monster to not have him win the big matches.

“I think Braun Strowman, we all know to be a monster. But you don’t have to have him just do ridiculous things like pull the tron down and flip an 18-wheeler over to show me that the guy’s a monster. That goes beyond being a monster. You pick up the rear-end of a vehicle and tires are sitting there spinning… the question would be: If you push a guy and build a guy that hard, and you go that far with making him supernatural, what opponent is ever gonna get him hurt? And if you can’t hurt him, how can you feel for him? And if you can’t feel for him, how can he ever be your champion? When these things are being done for these guys, you just sit there and look and you go, ‘You’re just gonna do more damage than good here. This is not plausible. For a guy to turn an 18-wheeler over? Come on.’ So, there’s a hodge-podge of things going on. They probably hit Braun with how many finishes before they got him out of there? Ten? Everybody’s, maybe twice? Does that make you feel for the guy in a positive way or do you just go, ‘Aww come on. Enough is enough.’”
Quote:
During the 2/25/20 edition of WWE Backstage on FS1, The Bella Twins revealed that it was Vince McMahon who called them about their Hall Of Fame induction.
Quote:
Jon Moxley spoke with Rick Ucchino of ESPN 1530/Sportskeeda and Moxley explained that he feels that winning the AEW World Championship is going to be a greater feeling than winning the WWE Championship.

“Best way I can describe it… it was a giant sense of relief. I had been pushing the boulder up to the top of the hill and had it roll all the way back down so many times and I felt like I disappointed so many fans by failing to win the title so many times. Once I finally was able to check that box and get that thing… the biggest feeling honestly was relief. Chris Jericho is arguably hotter than he’s ever been, and that’s really saying something considering Chris Jericho’s career. I think he’s not just trying to be good every week, he’s trying to be the greatest of all time, and like I said I’ve been running through competition; killing dudes – you’re getting the best version of Chris Jericho and the best version of Jon Moxley at the same time and something’s gotta give, somebody’s gotta go down. This, I feel, will be a far greater feeling. You know this is me, on my own, doing things my way. Totally different situation. Not even a comparable situation – as good as a night as that [WWE Title victory] was.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
According to Showbuzz Daily, WWE Backstage failed to crack the top 150 in ratings from the 18-49 demographic among original cable telecasts for the day. This is the second time this happened for the show this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Aleister Black has one of the more unique entrances in WWE as he emerges on a rising platform from beneath the fog.

Black's entrance has become synonymous with his character, and appearing on WWE's The Bump, Black discussed the thought process behind the entrance.

"There's this band called Watain, a black metal band, there's a live performance and I always loved the DVD. The aesthetic of that was mesmerizing," Black explained. "It had a lot of fire and red. When we started putting (my entrance) together, I showed them the DVD and said 'this is the kind of aesthetic I want to go for.' They tried to re-create that in a WWE setting. They created this stage, as soon as the lights go down and the candles come up, the audience knows what time it is. They did such a good job in priming the audience to know what's happening. The landscape changes. The light changes, the candles come up, it's dark, there's fog and the entrance is completely different. I was talking to Triple H about it and he showed me this construction [lifting platform] and he goes, 'It was actually meant for The Undertaker. We don't have any use for it right now, what do you think?' I said, 'I'll take it.'"

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote