View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #1000
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Going up against the end of Major League Baseball's NLDS, AEW Dynamite dropped 28 percent in total viewers and 32 percent in the 18-49 demo last night, averaging 1,018,000 viewers on TNT and a 0.46 rating in that key demo.

Last night's truTV simulcast of Dynamite drew 122,000 viewers, so live/same-night DVR viewership was a smaller drop-off overall.

NXT was down a similar 32 percent in the 18-49 demo but down just 11 percent overall, coming in with 790,000 viewers.

AEW beat NXT in every demo except for people over 50, where NXT had a 0.50 rating as opposed to AEW's 0.40 ...

AEW finished eighth for the night in the 18-49 demo, while NXT dropped all the way to 27th. AEW did not rank in the top 25 on cable in terms of total viewers.

The strongest demo for AEW was males 18-49, where they scored a 0.66 rating, fifth for the night on cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
We have been told there have been some ideas tossed around for a new Steve Austin-WWE Network series in recent weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Q - Any update on CM Punk and FOX/WWE?

A - Nothing yet. We have not heard Punk has signed anything. He's in the middle of promoting his horror film "Girl on the Third Floor."
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
A commercial airing on TNT last night touted 7 million viewers for AEW Dynamite, so that's likely including the replays and DVR viewings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The name of Chris Jericho's new stable is The Inner Circle. There was a plug for ProWrestlingTees.com releasing a shirt for the group on AEW last night and within seconds, it crashed their website. Basically, the idea is the Inner Circle will be The Legion of Doom to The Elite's Superfriends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The expectation among those we've spoken to within WWE is that tomorrow's press conference in Las Vegas will officially announce Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez and Tyson Fury vs. Braun Strowman for the 10/31 Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News is reporting that today's " Hidden Gem" coming today on the streaming service is the never-aired 27, 1999 WCW Telemundo "Festival De Lucha" pilot, which was taped in Waco, Texas. If that may sound a little familiar to you, one of the matches from the pilot has made it to the section before. The full pilot has the following matches:
*Felino, Super Boy & Villano V vs. Kendo, Silver King & Venum
*Damien, El Mosco & Halloween vs. La Parka, Salsero & Super Calo
*Blitzkrieg, Piloto Suicida & Raul vs. El Texano, Rey Misterio Sr. & Villano III
*Juventud Guerrera, Pirata Morgan & Psicopata vs. Hector Garza, Konnan & Rey Mysterio Jr.
*El Mosco, Felino & Juventud Guerrera vs. Piloto Suicida, Raul & Salsero
*Kaz Hayashi, Psychosis & Ron Rivera vs. Blitzkrieg, Kendo & La Parka
*Fidel Sierra, Pierroth Jr., Psicopata & Ricky Santana vs. El Texano, Rey Misterio Sr., Villano III & Villano V
*Chris Jericho, Johnny Swinger, Lenny Lane & Norman Smiley vs. Hector Garza, Konnan, Rey Mysterio Jr. & Silver King
*Disco Inferno vs. Konnan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
AEW’s Alex Marvez noted on Twitter that Kip Sabian suffered a legit injury to his finger in a dark match prior to AEW: Dynamite going live on TNT from Boston.
Quote:
Owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars and father of AEW President Tony Khan, Shad Khan was interviewed by Yahoo! Finance. Shad said that AEW is not looking to compete with WWE and talked about the type of fan[s] that AEW is looking to engage: “WWE is a great company, but we are not here competing with them. In the golden age of wrestling during the late 90s, there were 10 million fans. Now it’s down to 2 million. So we’re tapping into fans who were not engaged and quite frankly the younger fan who never got quite into it. Competition is good for everybody, but it’s very important for AEW to do our own thing.” He explained.

Shad talked about the launch of All Elite Wrestling and credited Tony for his passion and drive and just being a lifelong wrestling fan which is why he [Shad] supported Tony financially with this idea that has come to fruition: “It all started with my son Tony. It was his idea, his passion, his drive as a lifelong wrestling fan — so I’ve supported him financially. He kept talking about it, that we ought to do it, and here are the reasons why we should do it. I kept stress testing the idea, and then I struck a check to fund it because if you’re going to do it, it’s gotta be right. That was the most important thing,” He said. “You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression, but his idea, his passion, and his drive, and it’s off to a great start.”
Quote:
FanSided interviewed AEW World Champion Chris Jericho and Jericho talked about the idea behind using “Judas” as his theme song and debuting it at Wrestle Kingdom 12. Jericho also praised longtime WWE composer Jim Johnston and is all for Johnston coming to All Elite Wrestling: “Judas is a song I started using at the Tokyo Dome because we’d been trying to go over to Japan, and for some reason we just couldn’t build a good enough market. I said well f–k it, we got 50,000 people in [the] Tokyo Dome, I’ll play Judas so they’ll have to hear it. I’ll just walk really slow to the ring, at least we get one spin, and you know it has a really great vibe to it, it’s very heavy. It’s very dark and deep. It’s the perfect ring music for me. So, I don’t think there’s any need to switch it up for that.” Jericho continued, “Jim Johnston, I will say though is a genius for really figuring out the vibe and the attitude of the character to give them music that really fit. They don’t have that now. The music now is very generic, just play heavy music here. Here’s a Japanese guy, just play Japanese stringed stuff. Jim would really talk to you and see what kind of person you were. Then would really bring something out in the song that fit perfectly. So, if Jim is out there looking for a job, hopefully he gets hired because dude, he’s one of the best.”
Quote:
Zack Ryder posted the following message to his Instagram page regarding the upcoming WWE Draft that kicks off on Friday Night SmackDown: “The #WWEDraft starts this week. Let’s be honest, I won’t be a top draft pick. I’ll probably find out if I’m staying on #Raw or going to #Smackdown by reading @wwe.com. That’s fine. It doesn’t make me angry. It motivates me even more. I’ve made an entire career out of proving people wrong…and I fully intend on continuing that and making the most out of every opportunity. (But I sure wouldn’t mind getting drafted to #Smackdown with @thecurthawkins to add those Blue Tag Team titles to my collection) #StillHere”
Quote:
English boxing manager and promoter Frank Warren spoke with Metro and expressed that he is weary of Tyson Fury’s activities in the WWE because he doesn’t want Fury to further open any cuts that are healing from Fury’s fight against Otto Wallin in September: “Tyson Fury loves it,” Warren said about the guest appearances on WWE. “That brawl clip doing the rounds on social media has something like 4 million views. Madness. His profile gets bigger every time and he’s doing us promoters a real favor by going on WWE. But truthfully, I don’t like the risk of his cut opening up. Tyson’s a law unto himself. It’s risky though, no doubt about that. In an ideal world I’d prefer he didn’t do it, but it’s all about the bigger picture for him. He’s a natural wrestling star.”
Quote:
Michael Mulvihill, FOX Sports Executive Vice President and Head of Strategy joined Jimmy Traina on the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast. Mulvihill stated that FOX was very pleased with the rating SmackDown did for its debut show on FOX and went into strategy and talked briefly about analytics in regard to SmackDown ...

Michael explained that FOX does not expect SmackDown to do that 4 million number every week but does expect them to beat out what SmackDown had been averaging on the USA Network: “I’m gonna probably give you a more vague answer than what you want, right?” He laughed. “Because I don’t want to put a specific number to it but I will tell you that… I don’t think there’s a realistic expectation that we’re going to see the number that we saw last Friday every week. We know that-that was sort of an extraordinary debut and the show will now have to settle at a cruising altitude. So, without putting a precise number to it, I think we have an opportunity to be maybe double what we’d previously been doing on FOX on Friday nights which was probably 1.2 million. I’d like to think that we can be meaningfully bigger than what the show had been averaging on USA which was more like 2.2. million. So, hopefully that kind of gives you a ballpark idea of where I would expect us to be and where I’d like for us to be, without being too precise,” he shared. “If we can feel six months from now, that we have grown the show, versus what it was doing with the previous rights holder and that we have grown our Friday night primetime and provided a better lead-in for our affiliate late local news… if we can just convert on those points, we’re gonna be happy.”
Quote:
Dragon Lee is slated to compete at four Ring of Honor events next month: The Experience in Pittsburgh on Nov. 2nd; ROH Unauthorized in Columbus, Ohio on Nov. 3rd; and Survival of the Fittest Night 1 in Dallas on Nov. 9th and Night 2 in San Antonio on Nov. 10th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reports that Ember Moon is currently out with a leg injury. The report indicates that she suffered "an ankle or an Achilles injury," but not further details are provided. Meltzer goes on to report the injury will keep her out a "decent length of time," though the timetable would change depending on the type of injury.
Quote:
Luke Harper changed his Twitter bio to "IG: @thislukeharper DMs are wide [censored] open. I've never been more happy!" It previously read, "IG: @thislukeharper DMs are wide open. Wwe threatened to fine me but it’s cool when nxt talent cusses on Twitter…. got it.”
Quote:
It was announced during the premiere episode of NWA Powerrr that the company will return to Atlanta on December 14 - 16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squared Circle Sirens
So Dave reported that the MYC WAS scheduled on November 3rd and it got pushed back to next year which is the same thing I was told.

They had makeup artist booked and Full Sail booked for those dates as well from what I know.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote