View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 08:51 PM   #56
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Would you trademark the name for a show and tease all these announcements re: your promotion that everyone assumes will be getting a show, if you didn't have a deal locked? I criticized Cody for the "Field of Dreams" approach to promoting All In, but it seems even more cart-before-the-horsey to promote something "big" re: these trademarks if you don't have anything big. Surely they've learnt from TNA?

That's why my feeling is TNT. It's got a larger penetration than USA and has had wrestling in the past. The name "Dynamite" suits the station too. But that could be an innocuous coincidence. I don't think a deal with WGN America has that big a pop to it, and I don't think that's "bigger than expected."

But with TV being archaic, you have to think that streaming is the future. But there are all these separate networks. Disney has one coming out. It's all a bit much. Piggy-backing off an existing one makes the most sense. Content is what keeps these things chugging along, and having weekly wrestling content (or even monthly) is something that hasn't really been trialed by an OTT service.

Netflix has GLOW. They've done some crossover work with WWE, but maybe they are looking for actual wrestling content for their service now? Netflix does differ between countries, but it potentially allows All Elite to have an instant global audience.

If I were them, I'd probably try and get a limited run series on Netflix or Disney -- maybe that is the "All Out" trademark -- and use that as an advertisement for my cable television program, and try to use that to segue international television deals to ride that last wave of TV momentum as it fizzles out, but ensuring you have a foot in the door for later streaming content.

Say you can get 10 episodes on Netflix/Disney. You can tell a complete arc, crown your champions, whatever. You can even end on a cliffhanger. You can promote the show on TNT, but the streaming content can live on and serve as a constant introduction to the world of All Elite.

You can do your Double or Nothing show and try to top All In, but you can also keep "All Out" as a limited run Netflix/Disney series and maybe add a "season 2" (for lack of a better term) the following year, if there's the demand for it, and use that to try and triangulate your audiences.

So you basically run basic cable weekly, the world's largest streaming service for a limited time each year and iPPV. So their Tuesday Night Dynamite show is something like SmackDown, All Out is more like an NXT Takeover and their yearly PPV is like their attempt at "their version of WrestleMania." Realistically, I think they could get away with two. Keep the All In period and try and use that to get people in yearly and also try and jump on WrestleMania weekend.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote