View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 11:33 PM   #52
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
so wait am i the person i am now or the person i was then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Dunno. Whichever one you want to imagine.
Quote:
if my personhood is a collection of my past expriences and i went back in time to relive a show would i even be myself without having seen it as i have in the present timeline? can i be sure that without it i would be a wholey different person through some butterfly effect tomfoolery?

and if i am the person i was then who's to say i would have the same expriences? maybe i would make an infinite number of minor decisions in my mind differently; altering how a joke lands or a emotional climax grips me? what if i ruin the very thing i nostalgicly cling to?
Quote:
back to the future
Quote:
this joke was amazing. fuck you all
Sure... in full context and not taken as a legitimate answer to the question, it was a real knee-slapper.

But I would totally MIB "flashy thingy" that series from my brain (let's pretend for sake of topic that's how the neuralizer works) to watch it again fresh.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote