View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 12:12 AM   #42
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
My problem was more in my experience with Infinity War. Saw it in the theatre, and mostly everyone let out a disappointing groan at the end and people like "aw man, I gotta wait for a sequel?!" ... like NOBODY KNEW this was in two parts. It was only planned and promoted as such forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Apart from where they literally said they weren’t doing a two-parter?
I don't remember anywhere that was an actual comment. I *do* remember the "roadmap" of upcoming MCU as it was back then titles, and before "Endgame" became a subtitle, they were listed as "Infinity War part 1" and "Infinity War part 2". Intitally, people took those with a grain of salt, but as the MCU started forming and the movies started coming to fruition in the order they were listed, it was being backed up into stone written gospel. The eventual battle with Thanos was slated to be a two-parter, and there was an ever increasing reason with every film launch and in-credit PS to not believe it to be otherwise.

If that comment *was* made, it was prob'ly because some studio nonsense where they dropped the number conventions, and considered them "two separate movies" because it doesn't explicity say part 1 and part 2 in the official titles. The whole "we're not lying because of semantics" shit.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote