Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 03:47 PM   #2963
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
Holy shit, I was almost about to concede you were right about something, but then I re-read what I said: “My point is that the shitty but profitable Saudi deal forced their hand. They feltlike they had to use NXT talent…” Context is key. My intended implication was that their hand was forced, because they felt like they had to do something. I don’t agree that they HAD to, but that’s still their hand being forced. You’ll argue this black and blue, but that was my point, and this is me clarifying and being “nice” about it. I also went back to see if I have said it multiple times. I do not think I have.

The SmackDown/NXT crossover happened right around Survivor Series. I think this was the second week of November? You do SmackDown vs. NXT then, I don’t see how it is a massive leap to have NXT at the Survivor Series. It goes to follow.
If they didn't HAVE to then their hand wasn't forced. You can't have it both ways. And if their hand wasn't ACTUALLY forced we're already starting on a premise of them doing what they want. Even if they felt compelled to use NXT one night against Smackdown guys, that didn't force them to turn it into a major angle for their next big show. They made a conscious decision to run with the angle.

Quote:
NXT could have taken a huge perception blow had they been steamrolled by Raw and SmackDown. And I think if you were being honest about it, you would admit that had that happened, you’d be one of the people here mocking them for it. It’s damned if they do, damned if they don’t with you.
The development guys SHOULD lose to the main roster stars. If your arm is twisted and you absolutely have to book it (WHICH, AGAIN, THEY DIDN'T), you don't put guys who aren't main roster ready over your main roster. It's fucking stupid. NXT was already perceived as the "minor leagues". Putting up a fight but losing to the major league doesn't hurt anything. Unless your goal is to push your development brand as an equal to your main roster. Which is stupid. Which is my point.

And ultimately your argument against that point is...

Quote:
My argument isn’t that the WWE told this story exceptionally well — just that there are many reasons you wouldn’t just swat down NXT on the night besides “WWE IS TRYING SO HARD TO DESTROY AEW!!!!”
Another awkward attempt to shoehorn your AEW obsession into a conversation. I literally mentioned AEW 0 times while you've kept trying to argue against an imaginary "WWE WAS TRYING SO HARD TO DESTROY AEW!!!!” narrative. lol
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote