View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 09:25 AM   #3095
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Raw: August 27, 2040

Damn, it's almost been a month since my last show. I hope I'm still able to do this.

We open with Brooke in the ring looking proud as a peacock as she addresses the crowd. "I hope everyone who watched the ending of SummerSlam last night understands that what happened to Noah Carmichael was necessary and inevitable. You see, it apparently doesn't matter if you're one the biggest rising stars in the WWE. It apparently doesn't matter if you've went UNDEFEATED for more than TWO YEARS! It apparently doesn't matter if you're a former 2-time Intercontinental Champion. It apparently doesn't matter if you were within an eyelash of upsetting the World Champion on two separate occasions. None of that matters because as long as you don't feel like it, you can ignore all of that at your leisure and everyone just thinks it fine and dandy. Well, Salvatore Scabbia is tired of being ignored. He ticks all of those checkboxes I just listed and yet Noah Carmichael can just get away with ducking him as a challenger. Scabbia had you beat at No Way Out! He had you beat in the King of the Ring tournament! He had the Unified World Title taken away from him and you want to act surprised over what happened last night? Now, over the course of my career, both as a competitor and as a manager, I've done pretty much everything...with one exception. I have yet to manage a World Champion and I plan on checking that box, too. Sorry, Noah, but the running is over. On behalf of my client, Salvatore Scabbia, I am challenging you to defend your Unified World Title at Unforgiven against the man you dared to ignore for far too long. Now, we're perfectly aware that you're in no condition to answer right now, much less even be here tonight, but we will be expecting an answer....and it had better be the right one. You won't be taking this from me, Noah. I have the biggest and brightest up and coming star under my guidance and no one can dispute that!"

Cue somebody who is capable of disputing that, namely another former women's competitor turned manager, Madison. Madison joins Brooke in the ring and makes her own case. "Well, I don't know about everyone else here but what I saw last night was your client just throwing a temper tantrum. MY client, on the other hand, had quite the SummerSlam debut actually WINNING a match. Now, granted Alexander Piero has got a ways to go before I can start coming out here like you and throwing my own little pity party and making demands, but I can definitely make the claim that he's got himself quite the upside...maybe bigger than your guy."

"Hey, Scabbia has got no problem putting his money where his mouth is. You want to try running in this elite circle? Fine; let's see your guy drag his ass out here for tonight's main event. Scabbia vs. Piero! How about it?"

"We'll see you both out here later. You're on!" Looks like we've got our main event!

Backstage we've got an irate Brandon Reigns storming through the halls. He runs into an interviewer who questions him on what he's doing. He claims he's looking for Seth Von Kamp, the man who STOLE his Intercontinental Title last night! Reigns is informed that Seth isn't here tonight as he's off doing some promotional work on the late night circuit. Reigns says that it would be typical for a coward like Seth to be absent. Guess he was full of it when he talked about a champion not living up to their responsibilities.

First Match: The Play Pals vs. The Millennium Rebels
King Kavovit is on commentary making the claims that Moses McKay would be here at his side if not for the disgusting attack perpetrated by the Play Pals that sidelined him. The announcers press him on the fact that he has yet to provide any sort of evidence of that claim. Kavovit pushes back by claiming that it doesn't matter because McKay will be back soon, 100%. Then they'll put those children, Jones and Haywood, in their place. During this diatribe, quite the match is taking place. Kavovit can't contain himself and tries to ruin things for the Play Pals but Haywood turns the tables on him and manages to lock in Sammy Brady in the Rage Quit for the tap out. *****. 97% overall.

Backstage Luscious is on the phone with her boo the Cruiserweight Champion. Martyn LaSalle decides to storm in on the sick exchange of baby talk and gets in her face, no doubt upset over what went down last night. Luscious warns him of all the potential legal trouble Galino & Farnes will put him through if LaSalle does anything too drastic. LaSalle grabs the phone and tells Hotbody that since he can't make it here tonight, one of his stooges will just have to take his place. LaSalle tells Luscious to make her choice and send them out later.

Second Match: Faith Connors vs. Eclypse
Fresh off the historic match that crowned the first WWE Women's Tag Team Champions. This is another of Faith's specialties where she gets tossed around and plays underdog. Naomi and Jenna are on the outside, seconding their respective partners. Faith gets tossed to the outside in front of Naomi and the Women's Champion just can't help herself and decides to send Faith into the steps, causing the DQ. Naomi looks to cause some more damage but Eclypse wants to know what is Naomi's malfunction. Jenna breaks things up by shoving Eclypse into Naomi and gets Faith to safety. The heels don't look too happy with each other. *****, 95% overall.

Third Match: Jason Sorola vs. Josh Turmell
Sorola warns Shawn Dangerson that he's not off his radar just yet and there will be more to come between them. Anyways, this is nothing more than a solid outing for Sorola as Dangerson needs a good heel to beat on his way to the top. Sorola gets the tap out win with the STF. *****, 94% overall.

We get a video recap of the Haven/Wrakk feud culminating in what went down between the two at SummerSlam. Both men suffered some pretty nasty boo-boos but they'll be back.

Fourth Match: The Brooklyn Sisterhood vs. The Glitz Girls
Got to get the women jockeying for position to become future challengers to the new titles. Nothing decisive here as Billie Padgett gets counted out but we get a brawl afterwards. *****, 95% overall.

Fifth Match: Martyn LaSalle vs. Freddie Galino
Galino gets on the mic and claims that he wasn't necessarily picked so he could compete. He was picked so that he could ask Martyn LaSalle for forgiveness. You see, Jimmy Farnes can sometimes be really forgetful about things and it's not his fault. Galino knows Farnes very well and the severity of the condition that he has to suffer with but they work together regardless because Galino is understanding. He asks LaSalle to also be understanding and forgive Farnes for accidentally leaving behind their prized gavel. Besides, it's not like any of them made LaSalle lose the match anyway! LaSalle tapped out! The referee said so! So there's no need for hostility. LaSalle comes out to argue that point...namely by unleashing a shitload of hostility onto the face of Galino. This is more angle than match as LaSalle looks to lock in the Martynizer but Jimmy Farnes runs into to attack LaSalle for the DQ. LaSalle looks to be at the mercy of Hotbody's goons but JORDAN DEMIRAS RUNS DOWN AND MAKES THE SAVE!!! WTF?!?!? ****1/2, 92% overall.

Backstage, we see Luscious and her reaction as she's evidently getting an earful from Michael Hotbody over the phone. Luscious promises to try to handle things. She only makes it so far down the hall after hanging up before running into Sophie Waters. Waters finds it amusing what went down just now with Jordan Demiras making his return. Luscious claims that she doesn't have time for this. Waters can see that as there are apparently more balls than she can juggle. And that's not even taking into account the next person who might want to challenge Hotbody for the Cruiserweight Title. It could be anyone...even someone...dangerous.

MAIN EVENT: Salvatore Scabbia w/Brooke vs. Alexander Piero w/Madison
Ugh, the charisma of these two really dragged this down. Regardless, Brooke makes it a point to insult Madison some more, claiming that Madison always had a knack for biting off more than she can chew. Piero tries his damndest here and he gets a good showing. He certainly needs more miles under his belt and I don't think he should be beating someone like Scabbia anytime soon. So we get the overbooking torpedoes launched as the two ladies on the outside cause a fuss with their war of words and mild physicality. This is enough to cause Scabbia to take advantage of the bruhahah and lock in the Omerta causing Piero to pass out. Scabbia stands tall as he's made another case to be the number one contender. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Overall show rating: 89%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote