View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 12:16 AM   #44
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Lemme do some digging. I might be 100% wrong but you mentioning it is not the first time I've heard of it.
I thought it was suspicious when it formed, especially considering how it seemed like they were... you know... trying to make a star with the first big angle being him against Cody and getting Tully on board. Then, the aforementioned interview. Not to mention how not only are Cody and Shawn friends, but Spears was purported to have been one of "Dusty's kids" in NXT, and that Dusty supposedly said of him: "Why is he still here?"; as in, "why hasn't he been called up to the main roster because there ain't shit else he can be taught down here in developmental?"

But the biggest indictment to me came way later, with a listen to one of the Cornette podcasts where Brian had some pretty scathing opinions on Chris's career trajectory, and how he "latches on to whatever is hot that he thinks might further himself and his career", like a feud with Orange Cassidy (because OC was hot-right-now at that moment). That kinda aligned with all my amateur sleuthing. Chris might have not outright bogarted it, but there may have been a sabotaging suggestion that he would be better suited for the role than Shawn.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote