View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 02:59 PM   #15742
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
People say Meltzer is getting paid. I’ve always tried to defend him at least on that front, but there’s no way he’s not taking something from that company. I know his ego is wrapped up in it being perceived as the proof as to whether or not Japanese booking from 1995 can work in the US and he has friends there — but the apologetics are now INSANE. He has to be aware of the mental gymnastics he’s doing. I’d HOPE he’s getting paid for it. But I imagine he gets “donations” from certain wrestlers that greases the wheels to keep the bad news about them to a minimum. Dave was very careful with how he talked about the Jericho scandal and was so quick to start harping on about Vince again as soon as he could.

And some of the stuff he helped his boys try and pull in AEW — the bullying, the railroading, the covering up — it’s actually rather mean. It’s quite disgusting when you think about it. Most people end up alright on the other side of it, because very few people take Dave seriously anymore, but it’s still wrong.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote