View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 05:16 AM   #69176
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
I watched some TNA recently. YouTube clips, since I’m not sure if TNA is any better off than AEW in terms of Australian exposure. It looked…good. Nothing blow-away, but I could watch more.

They actually try to work matches over there. It wasn’t just choreographed flips. They try and honor the basics. I’m not sure if they still do cinematic matches over music videos and have murder and all that on their show. That would turn me off.

Josh Alexander and Will Ospreay had a cracking match. They even tried to incorporate a table organically. And they made a point of the referee using their discretion to keep the match going.

I dunno, I’m rooting for TNA. More so than lazy AEW anyway.
I get the meme is "LOL TNA", but I've been tangentially looking that way through the years. They're trying. They're actually trying. It's been slow and steady and they've made a lot of headway since the whole "Broken Matt is keeping the corpse of the company alfoat" days. It took other people attempting (primarily NWA and AEW) for them to finally stop trying to out WWE the WWE. Their top stars - in spite of mostly technically being castoffs from elsewhere like MOOSE from RoH and Steve Maclin(Cutler) from NXT, and Josh Alexander growing from former tag partner of Ethan Page to quite possibly their biggest homegown talent since they days of pushing guys like Matt Morgan and Hernandez.

It has become a lot more tolerable while nobody was looking. There's still shit that is pretty "meh", but unfortunately that is everywhere anymore. Feels weird that rebranding back to TNA is, to them, a step forward... but aside from that, they seem to be doing more earnestly what AEW was supposed to be doing before TK decided to try to convince everyone that everything is great! :ding:
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote