View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 08:20 AM   #15350
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
“The Beast” AKA “The Beast Of War” - 3/4

I have begun a war movie phase and this already stands out as a great but completely forgotten contribution to the genre. I would put my money on the reason being that it is a Russia/Afghanistan war film with Americans playing the Russians and Steven “I’m actually pretty clearly Hispanic” Bauer playing the Mujahideen Khan who takes vengeance against them.
It’s a claustrophobic affair, Russian tank crew pisses off natives by way of war crimes and find themselves trapped in a desert cul de sac surrounded and perpetually hunted by guerillas using discarded Soviet tech and weaponry.

The cast is lead by a young Jason Patric and antagonised by the Tank Commander played by George Dzundza who has never done better character work. Directed by Kevin Reynolds of Kevin Costner association, it is clear that the budget was spent very wisely.

This was a great watch and I thoroughly recommend it.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote