View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 08:25 AM   #2303
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno View Post
I finished the final season of Billions. It was rather 'blah.' The ending and the defeat of Michael Prince was just too neat and convenient. Just lazy.
The show existed in a perpetual jump-the-shark state, and that was fine. But for some reason, I reached the end of my tether in the final season. What was once enjoyable dreck made me wonder why I'd ever given it the time of day.

It's interesting--Koppelman and Levien wrote Rounders which is a classic for guys like us. Dunno if it's like a masterpiece but definitely a highly revered movie of our formative years. I guess where I'm getting is I wonder if Billions would've been better and less an over-the-top piece of shit if it was just a mini-series or movie.

I don't wanna give the wrong idea here. I loved watching it, even after Damian Lewis left. Giammati does a lot with the silliness and I can watch him all day as Chuck "named after Dusty" Rhoades. It's just...season 7 was kinda like, "whoa was it actually this insufferable the whole time?"

Also, I think Succession coming out during Billions's run really made it look bush league as fuck. Filet mignon versus a Happy Meal cheeseburger. It basically just becomes Suits, which also sucks.

Last edited by Ol Dirty Dastard; 12-15-2023 at 09:13 AM.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote