View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 10:06 PM   #15155
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
I don't buy that for a single solitary moment.

I understand that they fell 45% short, but how is that on the workers in any capacity? It isn't. It's more corpo puppetry man.

I was let go from a tech job and was cited a similar BS line. Yet the company was VERY profitable, full stop.

The people doing the projections are to blame. In regards to the Bungie specific scenario, they overshot with their expectations on Lightfall. It is barely an "expansion" in it's own right. On top of that, you had to pay a 2nd time just to get access to the new dungeon.

Pay to get access to new stuff, then pay again for more access. They have put themselves in microtransaction hell and the consumers are no longer buying. That's why their product took a big shit.

Next up:

Delaying all projects due to "recent cutbacks" and needing "more time" to work with more intimate headcount. This will be defined as "right-sizing".

Fuck them all for upending the lives of (mostly) every day people. The fucking people at the top should be held accountable for shitty business decisions.

Lightfall was the first expansion I didn't get and I havn't touched it since. From everything I've seen since, it's just gotten worse.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote