View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 04:08 AM   #13
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
There's a lot it does that had never been done. The opening sequence on Hoth was the most film accurate moment ever. But then you get out and its the best Han Solo game (without han solo) still to this day. Then they slap a jetpack on you and its the best boba fett game ever made. For its time, strictly against its peers, it was a highly memorable game.

That said like all early 3d games its visually aged like day old milk left out in the sun and it controls about as well. Its imperfect and it wouldve been better on the Playstation.

But i loved it. Tons of fun replaying the same levels over and over.
It's funny that you say this because at the time, I was blown away by how it looked. I remember being really impressed and using it as an example of what the Nintendo 64 was capable of visually. It wasn't blocky like Star Fiox 64 or Super Mario 64. I haven't looked back on it in years, but I imagine it hasn't aged well.

That said, I never managed to pick it up and try it, and I was an N64 guy. I just wasn't die-hard about Star Wars. Even the pod racer game that came out later was overlooked by me. I just remember the game being hyped up and people making a big deal out of it because it was the first new Star Wars related media in a long time, up until The Phantom Menace.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote