View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 08:44 AM   #33
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez View Post
Is it any good? My buddy that is a big Bethesda fan bought and Steam cancelled within 3 hours. shrug

it is good, but also isn't 100% what they said it'd be.

I am level 17 from weekend play, I've gotten to what I believe is a pretty big turning point in the main story.

I'd say 100% expect a Fallout game, more or less. There are different nuances and systems in place to make it feel different, but by and large it is your standard Bethesda piece of action. The locked 30FPS is my biggest gripe, so far.

Gunplay feels great, honestly. Loot, even at low level, feels great as well. I've a few legendary drops for weapons, and epics for various pieces of armor.

I can see them overhauling the UI. It is very clunky and things are not clearly explained. I can do with digging through menus and sub-menus..... but for a LOT of things, there is ZERO context which can seem frustrating in a complex game. It should be patched.

I don't even think I've scratched the surface, like, at all. I've not taken my time with side stuff, so I may be missing things. I've not come across ship building yet.

Story is cool, and after what I just learned last night, it's getting better.

Thus far, 8/10 - and it's because of the controls and 30fps
drave is offline   Reply With Quote