View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 10:32 PM   #3444
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

Raw: December 24, 2040

It's Christmas Eve!!! Let's see how our lovely roster celebrates tonight! Oh, and there's a PPV this Sunday, too. Our main event has been dubbed a Champion Showcase as the WWE Unified World, WWE Intercontinental, and WWE Unified Tag Team champions are all going to be involved. Let's get to it.

OPENING TWENTY-MINUTE PROMO OF DOOM TIME!!! Damn it, we just did this on SmackDown!. Anyways, this time it's Orlando Kincaid who wants to start us off with some griping. It looks like he's got some strong fan support. This turn of events might open up some new avenues for him. Anyway, Quinten McDaniels and the rest of his crew are going to be the target for his venom. "You know, before what went down a few days ago, I was on track to having a pretty damn good Christmas. Now, instead sipping cocoa peacefully by the fire I'm going to be spending the time thinking about pounding the hell out of a certain group of guys. This isn't the three wise men, it's a trio of the dumbest sons of bitches you've ever laid your eyes on. My feelings on these guys are the same as they were a couple of weeks ago when they were in this ring, sticking their hands out and trying to bring me into their little camp. You see, Quinten, I can recall a time not too long ago when we had the opportunity to stick together, but you felt that you had outgrown me. The whole collapse of the Order was your ticket to doing things your own way. Now I'm not going to stand here and claim that it didn't sting, but it did open a door for me, too. So just like you didn't need or want me then, I don't need or want you right now. But you couldn't just drop it, could you? You had to go and pull what you pulled on Superstars. Well, 'tis the season for giving and I'm in the giving mood, so Quinten, why don't you bring your ass out here right now so you can get what's coming to you and so that I can finish what I started on SmackDown!."

Sure enough, Quinten McDaniels eventually makes his way out looking none too pleased. He's ready to rip into Orlando as he stands on the stage. "Orlando, I was willing to be humble and merciful when I realized that what happened on Superstars was an accident. But then you once again decided to be rash and self-destructive when you decided to cross us on SmackDown!. You showed your true colors by choosing to stand with the man who has been the bane of the existence of so many people's lives. You want to cast your lot with him, then you'll suffer the same fate!"

"This isn't about Haven or any of this whack job therapy crap you're on. This is about you pissing me off! And since you've got yourself a crew that's willing to stand by you, they can get my boot up their asses, too. You see, I finally decided how I'm going to use my contract that I won last week. I want to take on all three of you! Now, you and everyone else watching might think that's a tad crazy to go forward with this, 3-on-1. So I'm going to add this wrinkle to it. I'm fine going it solo, but I'm thinking that there are two other people who would want a piece of the action, men who you are so keen on destroying. So if they're open to it, at Bragging Rights, Haven and Eddy Clash, this is their invitation to the party. And there's no egg nog or cider, no presents or reindeer, and definitely no jolly fat guy. It's going to be the fight that you asked for, NO TAKEBACKS!" And with that, Orlando drops the mic to the cheer of the crowd as Quinten looks on with a serious glare.

First Match: Jesse Capalbo vs. Doug Michaels
I'm mainly doing this to get Capalbo back into the mix and to get Doug's gimmick to finally change. There are some other people who need the same thing, but I can only do so much on a show. Also, I imagine with it being holiday time, some of my top guys would want to be off the road and at home. Cruiserweight action is also always a welcome addition. There may a gimmick change in order here, but it's not going to be Doug's night as Capalbo dropkicks Doug as he comes of the top with some sort of offensive attack and that opens him up to being locked in Capalbo's Spitfire to give him the submission win. Another person Hotbody or Gavin needs to worry about? ****1/2, 88% overall.

Second Match: Salvatore Scabbia vs. Justin Mitchell
Brooke gets on the mic and announces that on the pre-show for Bragging Rights her team of Scabbia and Ronnie & Carmella Costello are going to be facing Sophie's team of her former clients, The Academy and Cordelia Capriati. "And isn't just a perfect little snapshot of the kind of person Sophie Waters is and always has been. She's been nothing but a poor soul struggling to grow in the shadow of people better than her, specifically ME! I have always been smarter. I have always been more talented. I have always been more accomplished than she could ever hope to be, and now, even at this stage in my career she has to find a way to jump on my scraps and find a way to be relevant off of them. Let tonight be a sharp stinging jab, Sophie, to remind you of your place and to prepare you for what's in store. And to you ungrateful children who couldn't measure up, regret doesn't even begin to describe what you're going to experience!" So this is all about giving a peek at that aforementioned 6-person match for this Sunday. It may seem like an odd detour for a guy like Scabbia who was in a great position on the card not too long ago, but I feel like this is a good way to keep him occupied and an interesting story to tell for all parties involved. Again, it's about more avenues that everyone involved can take that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Plus, it's not like I'm going to let Scabbia just become some scrub. Case in point, Mitchell looks to climb to the top, but as he's perched Brooke hops on the apron to give him a mouthful to distract him. Scabbia sees the opening he needs and press slams Mitchell from his position and he follows it up by locking in the Omerta. Justin, to his credit, doesn't submit but the ref determines he can't continue as he starts to pass out and calls for the bell. Brooke's words may very well be prophetic. ****1/2, 89% overall.

In-Ring Super Special Talky Time as the number one contender to the Women's Title, Jenna Kyle, comes out to join us. "Happy Holidays to everyone, first and foremost. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow morning turn out to be everything you're wishing for. Everyone is thinking about what gifts they'll be getting for the season and I'm no different. And while I may have to wait a little bit longer than most, I'm still planning on enjoying my present and that's the WWE Women's Championship. Now at the home of my family we do the upside-down tree thing, and yeah, go on, make your jokes about Australia and upside-down and all that, but it's so appropriate as it's been nothing but a topsy-turvy world for me this last year. From WrestleMania to SummerSlam and now Bragging Rights, never let it be said that life can't throw you curves, and that's what's coming for Sonya Braddock this Sunday. She spoke a good game a while back when we were face to face, but I know she's been at home training. She's been hard at work getting herself in top form, and I know this because she can't afford not to. She can't afford to take this Sunday for granted. She knows that she'll lose a lot of face if it's not backed up. Imagine the aftermath she'd have to contend with if the headlines read 'Woman of the Year Sonya Braddock Loses Championship'. So she's taking this extremely seriously, don't you doubt that, and I expect nothing less. I'm ready to make history one more time this year, Sonya. So with all due respect, enjoy your happy Christmas, because it's going to be a rotten New Year's."

Ordinarily, this would be the end of the matter, but it looks like someone's got the urge to add some more on top of this segment. That person being the Doll of Darkness herself, Dusk! She has Sorrow with her along for the ride, and needless to say neither one of them is decked out for the holidays. They join Jenna in the ring and get face-to-face with her. Obviously Dusk is going to do the talking...although I wouldn't put it past present day WWE to give the raven a voice. "All this cheer, all this joy, all this celebration...it's making me want to puke."

"Listen, Morticia, if you're going to be out here to ruin the mood and hate on the holidays, we're going to have a problem."

"You already have one. You know, I could never stand people like your friend, Faith. So full of herself that she thinks it's game to laugh in the face of the abyss. I could never stand people like your opponent for this Sunday. Accolades constantly heaped upon her despite the bare minimum. And most importantly, I could never stand people like you. Two-faced...conventionally pretty...a poster girl of who we're supposed to be. The blonde Barbie doll of "perfection" But the upside to it all is that I have the power to break all of you. The power to reduce you to ruin."

"You have to the power to reduce us to sleep. You see what people like you don't get is that I knew that I'd have a hard time being taken seriously, so I didn't worry about my looks. I made sure to work my ass off towards being the best I can be in this ring so that when some supposed "hard knocks" character like yourself came knocking, I'd have no fear because I'd know that I could handle them. Both you and Sonya are making a mistake thinking that I'm some fragile piece of porcelain. I grew up in Australia. Where'd you come from, the suburbs? What makes you so hard, Daddy forgot your Sweet 16? Mum didn't get you the fancy sports car? At least with Sonya Braddock, I know where she's coming from and I get how she can command such credibility. You? Sorry, mate, but I'm going to need more than words."

"You want actions then? Very well. But don't complain when you don't like what you see. Watch what I do to your companion this Friday and should you emerge victorious on Sunday, I hope the image of Faith's broken body is emblazoned in your mind, reminding you of what's to come. What you asked for."

"You don't need to worry about Sunday. I'll be taking that belt for sure. As far as Faith goes, she's never needed me to fight her battles or stick up for her with words, but I will say this. If you're going to underestimate her the same way you're doing to me, you're going to want to crawl back into that hole you came from and never show your face again." And with that, Jenna drops her mic and rolls out of the ring, apparently done for the night, leaving Dusk to ponder things over. We're actually not done with her tonight as she's got a match later. We'll see how that goes.

Third Match: The Love Connection vs. The Future Foundation
It's tag team goodness! Aphrodite and Vivian, of course, provide extra entertainment with their out-of-the-ring shenanigans. I'm looking to inject these guys into a four-way for the tag belts down the line. The Future Foundation would certainly love to get back on top of the ranks considering how dominant they were during the year. Anyways, it's down to Greene and Julian as the legal men. Greene has Julian set up for the Greene With Envy, but Vivian pushes him off the top. Julian manages to catch Greene as he comes down and rolls through trapping Greene in a small package and that's going to give the heels the cheap pin fall win. *****, 94% overall.

It's time for another edition of the Hot Button with everyone's favortie host, The Hero to Millions Around the World, the Host With THE Highest Rated Interview Show In All of Entertainment, The New Age Intellectual Savior to the Masses, The 2031 Fulton County First Place Conga Award Winner, The Luscious Lover of the Manager of the Year Slammy Award Winner and Undefeated Steel Cage Master and REAL 2040 King of the Ring, The Supreme Submission Machine, Mister Twenty-Forty, The Two Time Slammy Award Winner Including the Rookie of the Year and the Most Envied Superstar of the Year, the Man Who is the Rightful Winner of the Slammy for Cruiserweight of the Year, Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect, the Cruiserweight Champion Michael Hotbody! Wait a minute...Hotbody isn't coming out. It's Gavin Jones making his way to the set in the ring and he takes the mic declaring himself the host for tonight's edition of the Hot Button. "Actually, that name kind of sucks. I'm thinking we change it to something a bit more Gavin-esque. How about the Play Pen? That sounds good, right? Anyway, as your host I think we can make some other changes. This podium? Looks pretty ugly if you ask me. Plus, it's kind of cheap. I think we can safely say goodbye to it." Gavin picks up the podium and chucks it out of the ring. "Now, what other changes can we make? Oh, I've got a good one! How about we get ourselves a new Cruiserweight Champion?!? That sounds like a great idea. In fact, that's been long overdue. Well, not to worry, I've got the power to take care of that, too!"

This is going to be the part where there's an interruption and Michael Hotbody himself comes out to the stage, looking angry and flabbergasted at what's going on. "Gavin, what the hell do you think you're doing?!?"

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest on the show, the soon-to-be former Cruiserweight Champion, Michael Hotbody! Michael, thank you for joining me here tonight!"

"What the hell are you talking about?!? Gavin, this is MY SHOW! That's MY SET! That was my podium you just broke! You're already in a lot of trouble as it is and now you're out here doing this?!? What the hell is wrong with you?!?"

"I'm just out here to talk about Bragging Rights, Michael. And now that you're out here, we can proceed. See, against all odds, your legal team has actually made some headway in their efforts to stop the ladder match from going down."

"Yeah, I know. That's what I was going to talk about on my show tonight before you..."

"Michael, you're too kind, but I've got this covered, OK? So Galino & Farnes have tried to get things between Hotbody and myself canceled because of the supposed discrimination of the match. Mind you, despite there being no actual proof of Hotbody's supposed fear of heights, the WWE isn't about to get thrown into a sea of litigation and risk tremendous liability. So it's with a heavy heart that I must announce that I have retracted my choice of stipulation, therefore there will be no ladder match at Bragging Rights."

The crowd boos at this announcment, but Hotbody is all smiles. "That's right! That's right, and you know what? It sounds so much better with you saying it! You thought you were going to pull a fast one and take advantage of my severe handicap! Well, look at what that got you! You get nothing! You deserve nothing! It's going to be such a merry Christmas at the Hotbody household this year! You, Gavin, can go choke on that lump of coal! Better luck next year! Maybe next time you should think twice about who you're trying to screw and hopefully your heart grows three sizes and you'll come to understand that this is all for the best. Thank you all, and enjoy the holidays!"

"Woah, woah, woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. The stipulation may be off the table, but I'm still the number one contender to the title and I'm still entitled to pick what kind of match it's going to be at Bragging Rights. Now, I'm sure you've got some way to create another legal mess, so I've come up with a solution to this whole drama. This Thursday, on Superstars, how about you pick one of your goons to face me one-on-one. If they can beat me, I will relinquish my status as number one contender and you don't have to worry about me...but if I win, I keep that Bragging Rights date, and even though I can't make it a ladder match, I keep my right to name a stipulation and you CANNOT refuse it under any circumstances. What do you say?"

Hotbody ponders this over and turns to the entrance and makes a summoning motion with his hand. Galino & Farnes comes out and the three of them huddle, talking things over. They break after a bit and Hotbody returns his attention to Gavin. "Alright, if you're serious about giving up your title shot, you're on! This Thursday, you've got Jimmy Farnes. The wheels of justice may turn slowly, but rest assured Gavin, they're going to grind you to a pulp!" And so it looks like we've got this matter settled for now as Hotbody and his crew take their leave.

To the back we go as Paul Andrews is with his team, the number one contenders to the Women's Tag Team Titles, The Perfections! Andrews declares that neither Leah or Bonnie have ever really bought into the whole "better to give than to receive" thing. They're ready to receive those tag belts from Hannah and Bobbi Jo this Sunday. In the spirit of the season, Leah and Bonnie are hoping that the Southern Belles enjoy the remaining time they have as champions...and they'll make it relatively quick and painless when they take them away.

Fourth Match: Dusk and Debra Phillips vs. Ainsley and Phoebe Hanson
Well, we're back at it with Dusk. Let's see if she took anything Jenna said earlier to heart. Debra and Ainsley seem to be coming along nicely. I hope I can turn them into major players down the line. Dusk is the standout here for now. It's down to her and Ainsely and the latter gives it her all with a series of forearms to get Dusk down to her knee. Ainsley looks to come off the ropes with something big but Debra trips her up and that's the opening Dusk needs to get in for the Final Sunset and get the pin. ****1/2, 88% overall.

SPORTZ ENTERTAINMENT TIME!!!111 as Mr. Money in the Bank and Superstar of the Year Brandon Reigns comes on out to rap. "So how was your year, everyone? As you all are preparing to celebrate the coming of the next 365 days and open presents and be merry and all that, it only seems like the right time to ask yourselves if you deserve any of that. Do you really think you've earned any sort of reward or present or bonus or merriment this year? I know I have. This briefcase, this statuette, this status, I've earned it all. For me, it was Christmas virtually every month. You people? You have to wait all year for one moment and it's so sad to see. But never let it be said that I'm not generous. You may have to wait just a bit longer, but I am bringing the entire WWE Universe a very important gift. The gift of change. At WrestleMania I am opening the best present I could ever imagine. I am taking this briefcase to that main event and I'm going to become your new WWE Unified World Champion! You will all have the privilege of bearing witness to the birth of a new era. Forget Jesus, this will be the coming of an actual king worthy of worship! So take comfort in that fact that even though the gifts you get might be terrible, you will have me to look forward to. You will have a WWE that's headed by a champion you can be proud of. And in return for this generous offering, all I ask is that you all show me the respect that deserve! I can see some resistance out there, but understand that you're going to have no choice. You're eventually going to have to cave. You just watch Bragging Rights and see what I end up doing to Kerry Cemenko. He's choosing not to give me respect. He's choosing to muddy the waters and defy my status as Superstar of the Year. Kerry is another speed bump on my road to destiny. He'll learn, just like all of you will learn!"

And with that, we're going to get Kerry Cemenko interrupting things as he comes out and joins Reigns in the ring. "Brandon, there's not a doubt in my mind that you've got the chops to leave WrestleMania as the WWE Unified Champion when you cash in that contract. I just want you to remember one thing. When the confetti is falling all around you, and you're raising those two title belts over your head, and the crowd is making noise, and all the joy is flowing through you, I hope that you reflect on the moments leading up to that moment. Particularly, I hope you remember Bragging Rights and you reflect on the fact that I was better than you on that night and that I've got a claim to your ass and your title. Respect is a two-way street, Brandon, so if you want to continue this game of overlooking me, well it's a good thing I'm capable of reminding you otherwise." And with that, Kerry drops the mic and nails Reigns with a clothesline, knocking him down. Oh, no, we're not doing a holiday brawl, are we? Damn it, we are. Cemenko proceeds to use the decorations to knock Reigns around a bit before the Superstar of the Year decides it's not worth sticking around and he bails the first chance he gets, namely after shoving Kerry into the pile of presents on the stage. Does Cemenko have Brandon's number this Sunday?

Fifth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. Ziggy Styles
We're reminded about the SmackDown! Send-off with Kyle Jacobs taking on Xavier Cross and Ziggy Styles taking on Michael Haywood. Xavier himself comes out on to the stage to watch. Michael then comes out and joins Xavier on the stage, giving him the stink eye, basically warning Xavier not to try anything. The match rocks all kinds of ass. It gets tense as things start reaching a climax. Xavier tries squirming his way down to the ring, but Michael matches him, wanting to keep Xavier out of the proceedings. Xavier eventually fires back and it looks like we've got an argument. It looks like Xavier comes up with a solution as it seems he's suggesting that they both just leave and go to the back, leaving the match be. That seems to be cool with Michael and Xavier even begins to leave first. Of course, that puts him in prime position to turn around and nail an unsuspecting Michael with a clothesline, knocking him down. Xavier continues his march to ringside, but he's greeted by Ziggy's body being flung over the top by Kyle. The ref begins the count, taking time in between to keep Kyle in the ring. Michael recovers and is full of piss and vinegar and he has Xavier in his sights. Xavier and Ziggy start coming to their feet, the latter trying to get back in the ring to beat the count. Michael charges at Xavier with a tackle attempt and that shoves Xavier into Ziggy, sandwiching the latter. Xavier and Michael brawl on the ground as Ziggy goes down again and the ref eventually reaches 10, having not seen Ziggy get crunched. Kyle is going to get the win but the fun isn't over as we get a two-on-two brawl to close out the segment. ****1/2, 93% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Wrakk, Chris Collins, and The Royal Effect vs. Ryan Pattillo, Seth Von Kamp, and the Wyldhearts
So you've got the three top titles being represented here. I'd say this is quite the collection here, and a great preview for what's down the road, both on SmackDown! and Bragging Rights. With 8 talented men and tremendous heat between them, this one's a lay up as far as getting over with the crowd. We want to send the crowd home happy for the holidays so this is going to be unfortunate for the heels. It comes down to McKay and Von Kamp as they renew their hatred from earlier this year and Seth isn't going let McKay forget about it. McKay gets things back under control by flipping out of a suplex attempt as Kavovit climbs up on the apron, Slammy in hand. McKay, with a waste lock, shoves Seth towards Kavovit but the Intercontinental Champion puts his boots up and kicks Kavovit off the apron, using the rebound to flip over McKay and setting him up for the Collapse of Society. It connects and that's going to be enough to get the pin for the faces. They win the battle for now, but the war is still going on. How's this all going to conclude? ****1/2, 92% overall.

Overall show rating: 89%

Last edited by M-A-G; 08-30-2023 at 10:47 PM.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote