View Single Post
Old 08-05-2023, 03:42 AM   #3439
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This post is sponsored by the Carpenter and the Walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Vito View Post
Loved the show structure of this episode. I like the idea of wrestlers being able to pick their own matches, their own stipulations etc sometimes.

Quentin trying to talk Orlando into a 4-on-1 match tickles me if only because I know such a match isn't even possible in EWR land. But I also like the idea of the delusional heel being unwilling to ever listen to the face even after clear rejection. Dude, he's just not that into you!

Hotbody in a ladder match is gonna make for some really good times. The best part of his run isn't just the promos but the fact that he keeps getting thrown into these blowoff gimmick matches and finding some way to bullshit his way through it every time. It's gold. I'm half expecting the Gavin to be ready to grab the belt only for Luscious or someone to climb the ladder on her man's behalf to get into a tug of war which, somehow, ends with the title falling on Hotbody's corpse for the win.

Ziggy Styles promos are fucking awesome too. That perfect type of annoying heel that even the other heels are like STFU.
Were this a real show I would imagine getting pressure to do some kind of Christmas themed nonsense and I figured doing a night like this would help break up some of the monotony. Plus, it's a cheap way to get some of these Bragging Rights matches booked, the ladder match especially.

Doing 4-on-1 would be amazing. I don't like handicap matches, but I would allow it for an angle like this. First and foremost I would want Elimination Chamber. Needless to say, there's a different approach I'm taking with Kincaid. I feel like he's been really underutilized and what I've got in store for him should help reinvigorate him, if only for a bit. The end game is still getting around to doing Haven vs. Dark, but there's a lot I need to do to get there. I'm cooking up quite the fireworks factory.

Speaking of which, booking Hotbody the way I have has been a treat. Doing a ladder match should make for some more idiocy from him. Your idea for the finish would be hilarious, but I could absolutely envision the same finish from King of the Ring 1999 with the Magic Briefcase where someone lowers the belt all the fucking way down to the ground so that he doesn't have to climb.

I've got time coming up so I need to use it wisely and try to finish up December. The dread of the Rumble is coming up, too. I'm both looking and not looking forward to that ordeal.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote