View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 11:03 AM   #3433
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
The DUD show just loves popping up when you're really expecting a banger. But Dustin pulling out a ***+ match in this day and age should be something worth remembering and praising. Jeff Jarrett being gone definitely sucks as he'd be a fine choice to take the whole thing just out of sympathy and to create a catharsis. The WWE would probably have him go all the way to the finals along with some other sympathetic babyface, then have him get screwed over when the other guy turns heel with the aide of a bunch of other heels to create a stable and then he suffers a beatdown afterwards...in Tennessee.
Yeah there were some fun possibilities for Jarrett. I probably wouldn't have had him win it all given a title shot being at stake but I'd have at least thought about it. I suspect the game is going to give me the "one week til retirement" notice after July, and if so I could've quickly turned him face and had him put over MJF on the way out.

Quote:
I could've sworn Joe used to ride in limos in TNA as part of the Main Event Mafia thing. A lot of TNA stuff blurs together so I don't remember it all that well. He SHOULD be doing the Batista thing of dressing like a sharp motherfucker that looks cool and badass.
Man I forgot so much about TNA, even some of their bigger angles. And I say this as someone who watched them regularly for a while, and was all but desperately rooting for them to gain some traction to give WWE actual competition so they couldn't just coast anymore.

Quote:
I can't help but think of the song whenever I see Ruby Soho. If you're not going to give this tournament to Toni Storm, I can only guess that you're going with Willow as secondary to take the whole thing.
She actually used it as her theme upon joining AEW. Was given the blessing of Rancid and all of that (Rancid being super tight with CM Punk surely helped matter sas well). Since she's turned heel and joined the Outcasts though she's using their generic ass heel rock music which is a shame.

I've left both Toni (as well as Kris Stat) out of the tourney as a shot at an AEW title is a prize for winning. But I'm purposefully vague on when the title shot will happen. I imagine it as sorta a hybrid MITB. You can't cash in as a surprise but you can get your title shot at any time with a one week notice. I don't really imagine an expiration date either, you're just guaranteed a one-time title shot whenever you decide you want it. Makes it easier to, say, have a heel win this thing even if there's a heel champ at the moment.

Quote:
I mean, it's hard not to believe in a god when you're blessed with a gorgeous double-jointed wife, but I can get behind something like this. He'd draw millions in the Bible Belt. I often wonder what would he be doing currently had he not left the WWE...aside from his gorgeous double-jointed wife.
Gotta say, I straight up ripped this promo from one he did 2 weeks ago in real life. Thought it was so good and better than what I'd come up with, curious to see where they take his character in reality.

[quote]Have they modified the game to where you can do a six-man championship? I know which collection of superstars I'd slap those puppies on over on my roster. Is there someone actually keeping track of the win/loss records of wrestlers? That's some dedication for sure. Jesus, even the Detroit Lions would be probably be all, "Wow, what a loser." He joins the elite company that is JTG, Curt Hawkins, Slam Master J, and Heath Slater.

Nah, the Trios belts don't exist in-game, just gotta use my imagination for that one. But there are tons of stables in AEW so I like having the "imaginary" belts around.

As for records, AEW does track everything back to the inception of the company and the records are kept on the roster page. For example:

5 tag wins + 8 trios wins = 13 wins. The 14th win was a 10-man tag back in February. 8-man tags, 10-man tags, battle royals or whatever else still count toward the record but only singles/tag/trios for the current year are shown separately.

I'm not tracking records since it would be too cumbersome, BUT this is the first time I've booked Serpentico and I took a gander at that poor bastard's record.

Aw, that stings. A solid 4 stars and the game is just "LOL". I'm very curious as to what Athena's O-Face looks like...along with the other women...

Quote:
I actually had to re-read that last bit to make sure it said what I thought it said. I would've thought Darby would be chasing someone WITH his skateboard, not actually ON it. Now I'm trying to visualize that and it's all kinds of hilarious. The DUD show continues to be a dick, unfortunately.
Given that Darby Allin is friends with Tony Hawk, I'm sad that there wasn't proper Darby facepaint in the THPS 1+2 remake or I totally would've made him as my custom skater instead of making a half-assed version of myself. Maybe in the THPS 3 + 4 remake (please Activision...please put that project back in motion )

Quote:
This is the kind of stuff that fans who have been following the careers of both men would absolutely dig. Digging up the past and using it for fuel is what makes angles work. I also love the dichotomy of Joe being all, "Meh, I've got nothing to prove, but I'm still just going to be a dick to you and beat you up CAUSE I CAN!" Doing the main event angle is nothing to shy away from when you've got people who the audience gives a shit about. Plus, you got two other shows where a match can close things out. In terms of the real world, it's nice to give your guys a break and the fans some variety.
I like the idea of Joe still knowing Punk's never beaten him. Of course in the real-life AEW this just changed over the weekend with Punker finally getting one over on Joe, but I enjoy the idea of keeping it going here. And perhaps this angle is to build to a match where Punk can finally beat him without actually pinning him, always giving the heel something he can be a dick about later

Quote:
Yeah, this version of EWR is hella weird considering 3.0 would have a DUD show and knock off at least a star and a half along with the low percentage rating for the matches. Willow/Soho would have been 2 stars at best and Scott Keith would be pointing out flaws in his commentary. This is another reason why doing angles, especially a really strong main event segment, is important as they're spared from the ravages of the DUD show for some reason. That's actually my dirty little secret as to why some of my DUD shows still turn out fairly well. I should probably start putting in the ratings for those segments. I need to use whatever spare time I have later today to get back at it. I was in such a nice little groove these last few weeks.
I quite appreciate the way they do it in this game. In theory, good wrestlers can still have good matches even on a DUD show. Yes, good wrestlers can also have an off-night but I'd say the majority of the time, the good'uns are gonna be able to do their thing even if the crowd isn't feeling it, the announcers are having a bad day, the "vibe" is just off etc

Of course you end up seeing the differences in overall rating anyway. I do try to limit myself to 5/6 matches per TV show at most with the rest being angles, both to hedge against a DUD and also for realism. I'd low key have a hard time booking an Attitude Era show realistically in this game, it wasn't unusual to have 10+ matches on a 2-hour Raw, but they were all like 2 minutes long. That era really was just all about the angles.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote