View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 12:09 PM   #3416
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Loved the opening promo with the heels all finally acknowledging why they've come together. Selfishly I hope the group winds up being called the Dark Order

I also kinda have to crack up at the open challenge being answered by two guys that I automatically picture as The Ascension from WWE. Total jobbers, inasmuch as a jobber can exist in this world where everyone just rules ass in the ring.

I've said this before but I love the role of managers in this game. I don't know why but at some point WWE got to the mindset of managers only being allowed to have one and only one client at a time and that's just totally different from how managers operated in the '80s. It would make sense for managers to try to recruit a robust list of candidates, bringing them together when necessary but ultimately just trying to make bank.

AEW does something similar, solid amount of managers. Smart Mark Sterling manages the jobber Trustbusters stable but his highest profile client is Jade Cargill....and he's responsible for costing Jade the title and undefeated streak because he decided to issue an open challenge on her behalf.

Nice work with the promo before the Hotbody match, he continues to grate on everyone's skin which is great, but I also love Clubber going after the bodyguard too. Zed Jones vs. Clubber Harris feels like it should be a boxing match from 1985.

Also good on you for not shying away from ending the show with a talking segment. I'm so used to the way AEW books that I very rarely don't end with a match, but ending with a promo makes for a nice change of pace.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote