View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 12:07 PM   #3404
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
I had to look up Athena and to say I'm scared would be an understatement. You may not need Kong after all. I, on the other hand, need more Toni in my life.
If this were mid-2000s WWE, Toni and Athena would having an ass-and-thigh contest. Not saying I wouldn't like to see that, but I'm glad to have women in the business now who are both hot and kick ass.

Quote:
How is this ROH deal supposed to be working? Do people just go back and forth as they please or is a title necessary? The pieces are there to do a big time promotion vs. promotion angle if you were so inclined.
So ROH was owned by Sinclair broadcasting. Once COVID hit the company more or less went dormant aside from a few shows in 2021, and the word was that Sinclair was looking to dump it.

Tony Khan proceeded to buy ROH in 2022, including the entire tape library which has led to some cool callbacks, like CM Punk entering to AFI's Miseria Cantare for a PPV match. Sinclair didn't include any TV deals in the buyout however. Tony's claimed he's searching for a cable deal for them, but he's been saying that for so long now I don't know it'll happen.

Instead, he re-opened the Honor Club (ROH's streaming service), made the entire back catalog available and new episodes of ROH stream weekly. They generally tape ROH either before/after Dynamite, or do standalone tapings in Universal.

There are no roster rules with ROH, anyone is free to go and most of the titles are held by main AEW roster talent, though I'm currently offloading the belts. Technically, I could've set up a 4th weekly TV show for ROH in-game. But that's just far too much weekly booking, plus it would mess with the in-game morale mechanics to have a 4th show.

But in real life most ROH matches feature undercard guys or developmental guys. So I turned ROH into my Development Fed in-game. I will shuffle people back and forth from there as needed, obviously if the game decides you can't possibly improve and I still can't use you, you'll be on your way out.

Quote:
LOL, OMG @ Maria Kinellis. I remember your crush on her. I wonder if she has any regrets and hard feelings seeing Punk happily married. Forget Matt and Jeff; SHE'S the big shock to me if she's still sticking her hand in wrestling these days. I would've thought Matt and Jeff would be two of the most over members of the roster and boost that rating a bit more. Still, this was nothing to sneeze at.
Maria's still around and still fine as fuck.

That is a 41-year old woman whose given birth twice. Not bad. Not bad at all. She's married to Mike Bennett (on the right). Been with him since 2011 so she moved on from Punk without issue.

Quote:
Abrahantes is a new last name that I've never heard. I imagine him ending up in Vince Land being named Abraham Alexanderson. Mark Henry doing interviews still continues to be funny. It's just a weird visual to imagine.

Henry's a pretty fun interviewer. The aesthetic they were going for with Rampage for a while is he'd always do an interview before the main event, and it would be a split-screen style deal like you'd see in a sporting event.

Quote:
This is some old school Undertaker/Mankind/Jake Roberts stuff. I try my best to do this kind of thing with Haven, but it's always a chore because there's a certain way to do stuff like this without it sounding hokey.
I was genuinely impressed by the promo the chatbot spit out. I asked for dark and brooding and god dammit, they gave me dark and brooding!

Quote:
I could go either way on the name Juice Robinson. Of course, it could be an easy target for ridicule if the guy was ripped and overly muscular. But when you're racking up ratings like that, what does it matter? One of my favorite eye-rolling things of EWR is when you have an established team on a show and your road agent is apparently gobsmacked over how well they mesh and work together. It's like, how much am I paying you again?
Juice has some pretty decent size to him, and he's got a big personality and solid charisma. Real good over-the-top obnoxious kinda character but knows how to get serious when the time calls.

Also, he's married to Toni Storm so he's clearly got something going for him.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote