View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 06:05 PM   #3392
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Card set for AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door:

AEW World Championship: MJF (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Adam Cole vs. SANADA (C)

IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Will Ospreay

AEW International Championship: Orange Cassidy (C) vs. Minoru Suzuki

ROH Television Championship and IWGP Television Championship: Samoa Joe (C) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (C)

ROH Pure Championship: Daniel Garcia (C) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada

CM Punk vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Jon Moxley vs. Tomohiro Ishii

---

I would've put the Toni Storm vs. Willow Nightingale title for title match on the PPV because, in real life, not only do I think that match is happening on the card but also AEW would get understandably ethered if they had a PPV without a women's match. Similarly, there's no way there won't be tag matches on the PPV.

But this is just one of those deals where I have to book to the limitations of what the game gives me. Real-life AEW PPVs are infrequent so they load the cards up more than I'm allowed to in game. Plus, I have the entire NJPW roster available to me on Open deals, and I think they will be largely unavailable through most of July due to touring commitments.

Besides that, I have a huge roster and don't want to overuse NJPW talent. Both because it would get expensive in-game and also because it's not particularly realistic, the NJPW guys mostly just show up at certain times of the year. So this show is about just doing a 9-match "dream card" of AEW vs. NJPW singles matches while I can.

Technically Toni vs. Willow wouldn't fit there either because NJPW doesn't have a formal women's division. Their women come primarily through their sister promotion STARDOM, other joshi feds, AEW etc. But for all intents it would be an AEW vs. AEW match.

The one NJPW-contracted woman's wrestler I'd happily book is injured (in real life) so for realism purposes I'm avoiding using her right now. But I'm sure at some point, I'll have to look at my Bank Statement to see if I can afford to bring her in, if you catch my drift.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote