View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 04:19 PM   #3378
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

AEW Rampage
June 16, 2023

The show opens up with the entrance of The Trustbusters, with "Smart" Mark Sterling taking the microphone.

Sterling: "Ladies and gentlemen, tonight you will be graced by the most potent, prosperous, and proficient group in wrestling today. I am Smart Mark Sterling, attorney at law, and these are my clients, The Trustbusters!"

The crowd roars, a mix of cheers and boos.

Sterling: "Now, I've been hearing a lot of chatter about our opponents tonight, The Dark Order. People are saying they're a force to be reckoned with. Well, I've got news for you, ladies and gentlemen. My clients here, they aren't just wrestlers. They are finely tuned athletes, the epitome of physical excellence. They're the human equivalent of a meticulously crafted legal document, every move calculated, every action precise."

He gestured to the members of The Trustbusters, smirking and flexing in the background.

Sterling: "And what about the Dark Order? They're nothing more than a disorganized horde, a group of misfits playing dress up."

The crowd boos and jeers, but Sterling remains unphased.

Sterling: "The Dark Order is all about chaos and mind games. They think they can disrupt our strategy, intimidate us with their numbers, their theatrics. But the Trustbusters, we thrive on order, discipline, strategy. We don't fear chaos, we break it apart, piece by piece. And tonight, we're going to do exactly that."

Sterling's voice drops, a hint of threat permeating his words.

Sterling: "And let me tell you something else, Dark Order. You want to play dirty? You want to try and bend the rules to your advantage? Well, I'm not just a manager, I'm a lawyer. And if you step over the line, if you try any underhanded tactics, I'll sue you faster than you can say Hangman Adam Page.

The crowd boos as the music of The Dark Order hits, they've heard enough and they charge to the ring to start the match.

8-Man Tag Team Match: The Trustbusters (Ari Daivari, Tony Nese, Josh Woods, and Sonny Kiss) w/ Slim J and "Smart" Mark Sterling vs. The Dark Order (Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, Alex Reynolds, and John Silver)

It's always fun when a heel singles guy runs his mouth and then gets trucked, it's even more fun when it happens to a whole heel stable. The Dark Order in this match showed a side of them we haven't seen in a long while. A much more ruthless, unrelenting style, a far cry from the goofy guys the AEW crowd came to know over the past couple of years. Clearly this situation with Hangman Page has weighed on them, and now they're taking out their frustrations on the Trustbusters.

The finish of the match becomes your prototypical pier six brawl with bodies flying all over the place. Uno gets Tony Nese up on his back, Grayson leaps off the top rope for The Fatality tag finisher, and Dark Order grab the win. **3/4, 65% overall

---

Next we have a video package promoting the debut episode of AEW Collision tomorrow night! Featuring the return of CM Punk! Definitely not a cheap excuse to get an easy 100 rating on a show that is going to have a mediocre show rating because it's meant to feature mostly midcarders. Nope not at all!

---

Mark Briscoe vs. Kip Sabian w/ Penelope Ford

Not much to say here, Rampage for me will mostly be about throwing some matchups together with talent not actively in a major program and pretty much seeing who gels and who doesn't. In this case, they do gel quite well. Penelope tries to make a nuisance of herself and trip Mark up to no avail, Mark grabs the win with the CTD. ***1/4, 74% overall rating

---

Taya Valkyrie vs. "The Native Beast" Nyla Rose

Britt requested to work with Taya and I haven't booked her yet in this game, so let's give her some reps here. What is the female equivalent of a Hoss Fight? Because that's what this one would be. Both ladies throw some high-powered offense at one another and are fairly evenly matched. But in the end, Taya prevails with the Road to Valhalla. ***, 71% overall

---

[Scene opens with The Mogul Embassy, including Swerve Strickland, Brian Cage, Toa Liona, Bishop Kaun, and Prince Nana, standing tall backstage. The camera finds Strickland's confident gaze as he begins to address the camera, the crew silent and serious in the background.]

Swerve: (Smirks) "So here we are again. My former partner Keith Lee, the 'Limitless One' and the... let's see... ah, yes, 'The Natural' Dustin Rhodes. A man so natural, he's practically a fossil."

[He pauses for a moment, allowing a smirk to curl his lips as his crew chuckles in the background.]

Swerve: "Keith, we used to be brothers, but look at you now. Your limitless potential has somehow found its limit, hasn't it? You're busy chasing your own tail, while The Mogul Embassy is defining the game. Swerve's House is right here, making moves while you're tripping over your own ambition."

[Swerve points to the crew, emphasizing his point as the men behind him nod, every one of them exuding confidence.]

Swerve: "As for you, Dustin... Shouldn't you be at home, watching the sunset of your career, reminiscing about the good ol' days? Or are you so deluded that you still believe you have something to contribute? You're old, man. Just like your tactics. Predictable. Irrelevant."

[Swerve lets out a confident laugh, his stablemates joining him, the sound echoing in the backstage area.]

Swerve: "But hey, you're welcome to try, to step up. Come on, step into the Embassy. The cage is always open... right, Brian?"

[Brian Cage steps forward, flexing his muscles in a show of force, a sly grin on his face.]

Cage: "Anytime, any place."

[Swerve nods, stepping back into the forefront.]

Swerve: "So here's the deal. Keith, Dustin, any of you... We're right here, not going anywhere. And remember, this ain't just a game, it's Swerve's game. This is where you find out if you're just a player... or if you're built to last."

[With a final smirk and a nod to his team, Swerve turns, walking away as the camera lingers on the remaining members of The Mogul Embassy, their gazes challenging, ready for the next match.]

---

Naturally Limitless ("Limitless" Keith Lee and "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes) vs. The Gates of Agony (Toa Liona and Bishop Kaun) w/ Swerve Strickland, Brian Cage, and Prince Nana

Keith's been wanting to get him some of Swerve Strickland for months now, but he always seems to evade his grasp and sends some of his minions after him instead. But the Gates aren't just your run of the mill minions, they're big dudes. And they put a hurting on the babyfaces early.

Dustin eventually makes the hot tag to Keith who clears house. Swerve and Cage unsuccessfully try to interfere and Lee finishes off Kaun with a Spirit Bomb for the victory.

After the bell, the rest of the Mogul Embassy pounce on the faces and go for the beatdown. The numbers game is too much, until the music of Darby Allin hits as Darby Allin and STIIIIIIIING make their way out for the save. Looks like Naturally Limitless have found some new allies, and the Embassy quickly take their leave. **3/4, 65% overall rating

73% overall show

Not a bad show rating for what will equate to a C-show moving forward.

Afterwards, Dean compliments me for pairing Kip/Mark and Taya/Nyla together, citing good chemistry.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote