View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 03:58 PM   #14537
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Antman 3 - 6/10

I had a good time. Its very flawed but its still a good time. Dunno how much energy i have for my take but I'll give it a shot:

Comedicly most the jokes dont land or will land the 1st time and fall flat on the call backs. 1 out of 5 bits get a chuckle. Doesnt ruin the film though. They move on the gags at a brisk pace so if the joke doesnt land there's always another one around the corner.

Narratively i like it conceptionally but there are subplots that arent worth getting invested in. They spend their time well enough that the audience knows they dont need to care on these subplots so it can def make the film feel long at parts when the subplots are getting attention because you know its all irrelevant.

The core 6 cast members are all mostly good. Scott Lang, Cassie and the antagonist all come off really well. With Jan, Hope and Hank being solid enough. And they do carry the film.

I found the villain to be the most compelling Marvel villain not named Thanosor Loki by a wide margin. I was really invested in how they were building him up and its mostly good. Not perfect but itll do.

There are some inconsistencies that irk me but theyre mostly the same one that were in antman 2. Contradicting how the powers were established in antman 1 etc.

All in all i would say its fun and fine. Its the most enjoyable marvel film since doctor strange 2

Last edited by Destor; 02-19-2023 at 08:13 PM. Reason: forgot doc strange 2
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote